need help with fenix l1p

jbg23

Newly Enlightened
So I unsucessfully attempted the two stage mod for my fenix. I soldered the leads to the two prongs and it didnt work so I disassembled it and tried again multiple times, and it just kept working like it normally did. Is solder non conductive? Anyhow, after I put it back together now the clickie is sticking. I think it was overheated and partially melted, and that is causing it to stick. My question is can I get another light and pull the switch out of that for the fenix? Or buy a new switch? I would prefer two stage, or forward clicky but it doesn't matter. I just want my beloved fenix back.

Delvance

Enlightened
Solder is conductive. Does sounds like you've melted a part of the switch :(. Have you tried some silicone spray on it yet ? If you contact member 4sevens, he may have some spare switches that'd he'd be willing to sell. With your new switch, trying doing the mod without solder (totally reverseable to stock condition) and if you like it enough, then solder it. It's done by cutting the resistor leads to length, squashing them with a pair of pliers then just sticking them inside the prongs, against the switch module.

Latest posts