I Have a Flashlight Fetish...Need Help

hivoltage

Enlightened
WOW, I am not the only person with a flashlight fetish:lolsign: . I have flashlights in every drawer, glovebox, shelf, pocket, compartment,suitcase, table, holster....you name it and I have a light for it. And not cheap lights either.

But I am looking for that perfect LED light that is fairly bright, uses 2 lithium batteries, can be carried daily in a belt holster, is tough as nails, brightness more important than runtime, but not rediculous. Price is not really an issue to a point. Looking for suggestions.

BTW, This is my first post on here

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF, we all have those little flashlight issues here ;).

I personally like the Inovas, but I like a bit more throw than some do. The Inova X0 and X03 are my favorites. And they are built like tanks. Surefire and Gladius also make great lights.

Last edited:

Galiphrey

Enlightened
Howdy, hivoltage, and welcome!

For a very nice, smooth flood, look at Surefire L4; and consider an Aleph tailcap, to which you can affix a brass button swivel for hanging in a cellphone-type belt hanger.. That's what I do. very tough, yes, and very useful beam, and two stages. (I like it)

Or for very long throw, there's the Striker-VG or Pelican M6 2390.

There are countless more good suggestions out there of course! You'll just have to go through and find out what you like, and hang on to your wallet. :)

Luna

Enlightened
In what sense:

a) A substance, object, or body part which is sexually exciting. Sometimes a fetishist may need the presence of the fetish to induce sexual arousal

b) any object, natural or otherwise, that is believed to contain "power." A fetish is usually something that is carried on one's person, such as a small stone from a sacred place, a "medicine pouch" that protects one who is on a journey, or a weapon (usually a sword) that is believed to be uniquely "empowered." Contemporary examples would include "good luck charms," eg, a rabbit's foot, a four-leaf clover, or a lucky penny. See also Contagious Magic.

carrot

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, hivoltage! I guarantee this place will make your wallet slim down, real fast.

You're definitely looking for a Surefire... tough and bright. I'd recommend you take a look at the L2, L4 or U2.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Luna said:
In what sense:

a) A substance, object, or body part which is sexually exciting. Sometimes a fetishist may need the presence of the fetish to induce sexual arousal

b) any object, natural or otherwise, that is believed to contain "power." A fetish is usually something that is carried on one's person, such as a small stone from a sacred place, a "medicine pouch" that protects one who is on a journey, or a weapon (usually a sword) that is believed to be uniquely "empowered." Contemporary examples would include "good luck charms," eg, a rabbit's foot, a four-leaf clover, or a lucky penny. See also Contagious Magic.

Hilarious... I just finished googling the word too. I would use the term addiction to describe my condition regarding flashlights.

-Goatee

carrot

Flashaholic
Luna said:
b) any object, natural or otherwise, that is believed to contain "power." A fetish is usually something that is carried on one's person ...
Well, I think this fits how lights here are perceived...

Luna

Enlightened
carrot said:
Well, I think this fits how lights here are perceived...

As a carrot, you have to understand that a flashlight is also a phallic object too so I wouldnt be presumptous about the 'fetish' meaning :D

carrot

Flashaholic
Luna said:
As a carrot, you have to understand that a flashlight is also a phallic object too so I wouldnt be presumptous about the 'fetish' meaning :D
:crackup:

I suppose I overlooked that. :p

alberto

Enlightened
I'll second (or third) the recommendation for a Surefire. I like the L4 and L5. I don't have the U2 but it might be worth considering as well.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, highvoltage.

Since you have a good arsenal already, maybe you could tell us what you already have to there are no repeats. Have you seen McGizmo's forum here?

hivoltage

Enlightened
I have a SF E1E and an E2e, several 6P's around the house, Pelican Stealthlights in the vehicles, and recently got a Streamlight Twintask 2L which was my first LED. So I am wanting a good one to holster.

Pleconin

Newly Enlightened
Coming in here and asking for help with your flashlight fetish is sorta like going into a really nice bar with a huge selection of quality booze and asking for help with your alchohol obsession.

Surefire is a great way to get started. Sorta like a gateway drug. Then comes the hand made lights... the hard stuff. :)

Pwdrkeg

Enlightened
hivoltage said:
I am looking for that perfect LED light that is fairly bright, uses 2 lithium batteries, can be carried daily in a belt holster, is tough as nails, brightness more important than runtime, but not rediculous. Price is not really an issue to a point. Looking for suggestions.
Surefire U2 ....................... :naughty:

A small well machined all-round lithium powered variable
projector of bright white photons with functional simplicity.
The beam is well balanced with a good spill and great throw,
a magnificent design, and a tough exterior finish with a
warranty that is one of the best in the business. It uses 2
Lithium batteries, however, it can also use rechargeable
Li-ion batteries. I run mine on the Pila 168A and love it.

Great Light .............................. :thumbsup:

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
Coming to this forum for help with a "flashlight fetish" is like going to a crack house to cure your smoking habit. Something bad is bound to happen ;)

As to your question for an LED light, have you considered the HDS U60 XRGT? Only a one cell but a fantastic EDC light.

DreamScape

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF HiVoltage!!

Check out the EDC U60 XRGT HERE

Also find them at lighthound HERE

Just to wet the appetite:

RAW NS U60_CPF4.jpg

EDC U60XRGT_CPF4.jpg

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
Nice picture, where did you get the bezel?

The HDS U60XRGT is a one cell light that has 20 different brightness levels. The highest is about 60 lumens, which is pretty good for an EDC and great for something this size. But the beauty of it, apart from the incredible quality of the construction, is that you can program any 4 of those brightness levels to be available with a quick touch of the button. So I have mine programmed with a primary that is at about 2/3 maximum brightness. It comes on at that level. If I click twice it goes to secondary which I have set for about 25% brightness. If I click 3 times it goes to minimum which is about 5% of maximum. Push and hold the button and it goes to maximum until I release it. Click twice and hold long and it locks in at maximum. Really flexible and stunning brightness and beam quality for something this size. Ive got Surefires and they are great lights but the HDS gives up nothing to them in quality.