Identify this light?

Spidey

Newly Enlightened
Sorry if this one has been discussed before, I did just about every google and cpf search I could, but to no avail.

I saw this light at Big5 today and was curious if anyone has any experience with it or knows where to get it online. I'll be needing a relatively smaller (2AA Maglite size) LED light for work.

Pictures here: http://www.grapplinghook.org/archives/2005/11/19/xtreme-light-05-watt-led-flashlight/

It's a .5w LED light that runs on 2x AA. Big5 has it for $24.99. I bought a Nuwai (River Rock) .5w LED 2xAAA light today for $9.99 from Target (this light: http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/nuwai_tm-311h_2aaa.htm ). But I'm not too fond of the shape of the thing and the fact it uses AAA batteries.

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
I've also seen that at Big 5 Sporting Goods sometime ago. It does seem to be another KO's or variants that have morphed into a slightly different shaped body with an assumed name. That's all.

They had a 6V Xenon flashlight there and the beam was akin to SureFire's. I tried the display model. But somehow don't remember the name of it? :thinking:

Spidey

Newly Enlightened
CHC said:
I've also seen that at Big 5 Sporting Goods sometime ago. It does seem to be another KO's or variants that have morphed into a slightly different shaped body with an assumed name. That's all.

They had a 6V Xenon flashlight there and the beam was akin to SureFire's. I tried the display model. But somehow don't remember the name of it? :thinking:

Yeah, the packaging looked exactly like Nuwai packaging with the "Aluminum LED etc etc" on it. Except it was branded as "Xtreme Light".

It appeared to me to be a Nuwai 2AA 0.5w in a different body.

I dunno, I may just keep the Nuwai I got at Target for $9.99. I don't think the body and larger batteries (double A) justify the extra $15 they want for it.

bodyguardlight

Newly Enlightened
At my Target I got a River Rock 2AA light that is 1.5 watt led {$19.99} and it might be usefull for you to have. It comes in handy becuse it has a wrist lanyard and a ready rubber switch.