Which bin # for this color LED?

connortn

Newly Enlightened
A co-worker has a surefire L1 and it has this georgous bright incandescent color to it. If I didn't know it was an LED I would have sworn it was incandescent! My L1/2P looks very white next to it.

If one wanted to replace the LED in a L2P head to get this color, what bin # would I ask for? I'm in the market for an EOS headlamp also and might do the same for it. Color definition is much better for me with his light than mine, even though the L1P w/L2P head is a great light. I've read of some here referring to a "warm white" in LED colors. Is this what they're seeing?

Thanks much...

Connortn

Last edited:

connortn

Newly Enlightened
Sorry Morlite. You're quick on the draw. I typed in "M" and hit the wrong button so I assume you were giving an answer for the "Title" since the message wasn't there.

Anyway, after looking at the link you posted, it looks like the V1 in bin 2 is probably what I'm looking for. I don't exactly know who or just what numbers to put down when asking for this LED. They would be for my L2P head and an EOS when purchased. Any help here would be appreciated!

Thanks...
Connortn

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its proabably a V1 bin, far far in the upper right hand corner. However its very rare for a LED to look incandesent, so you might have to go though ALOT of V1 to get one like that.

connortn

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Surefire. Does anyone here in the forum have these for sale that will pick the color we're talking about?

Connortn

AW

Newly Enlightened
Actually some manufacturers are producing LED bulbs with tints very close to incan bulbs for interior lighting. I got this prototype 4W luxeon clone 12V MR16 lamp with a tint almost matching an incan bulb ( with a bit of green on the outer edge which may be caused by the optics ). I am using it as a hiking lamp with a LiIon pack but may soon take out the luxeon to mod it into my e1e :grin2:

PICT0502.jpg

greenLED

Flashaholic
PhotonFanatic might be able to find you. The Shoppe sells binned Luxes too. A "buy" thread on BST?