Window cover - Is it feasible?

PipesterLite

Newly Enlightened
I hate carrying a flashlight bare window up, or without any protection. I have found that you can take the cap off of a 24oz bottle of soda, and it can serve as a protecting device for you flashlight, if it approximately 1-inch in diameter. I have tried it on my HDS U42, a SureFire E1L, and a SureFire E2E (you may have to play with it a little). If the light accidently comes on, you can tell it is on. It looks cool with the different color caps. I do not have much experience regarding it damaging the finish, but being plastic, I would not expect much.

I do not advocate operating the flashlight with the window cap in place.

This window cap is cheap, and if lost, who cares? It can be easily replaced, just drink another soda. It is widely available.

The true story of this amazing discovery may be found in the HDS area under the "armoring your HDS" thread. Thank you Roxy!

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
you can also use those little rubber caps that come on various items as shipping protectors, they are also available in most hardware centers.
rubbercaps.jpg

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of those rubber bands that are made to cover rifle and pistol scopes to keep out gunk might work well too, with the added bonus of protecting the finish of the light.