Brag about your spouse.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even if you are married to an old hag who smells like cheese, theres a bunch of good stuff you can still say about her (him). She's put up with you, after all, and that should count for something. Spill the beans here.

Mrs. Powernoodle is a lawyer, non-profit board member and Sunday school teacher. SATs qualified her for Mensa. But so what. What counts, to me, is that she's a Believer, the best mommy, and a naturally honest person. Won't litter even when no one is looking. Won't cheat on anything, even when I would. I could leave her on a deserted Isle with the 10 most good lookin' of youz, and she would return unblemished. Never looks that the credit card bill when UPSman brings a new light. And still plenty easy for me to look after 21 years. Only thing I can complain about is that she doesn't have a twin sister who wants to move in.

Thanks for listening.

cheers

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
My g/f makes me so happy that I often pinch myself to make sure I'm awake and not dreaming. I didn't know life could be this nice. :grin2:

Cheers! :buddies:

London

Newly Enlightened
my wife is awsome! we are best friends, do everything together including work and just can't get enough of each other.....and she's always carrying a "real" purse-light!!! recently her choice has been the venerable streamlight scorpion. we are 7 years and counting....:)

mdocod

Flashaholic
My fiance is the sweetest, most caring young lady I could ever hope for. She is 1/4 filipino and absolutaly gorgious. She has embraced the flashlight hobby very well, and even carries a 28LED light in her purse. She has the patience to put up with my stubborness, and my excessive time spent on the computer. My dad is always reminding me how lucky I am to have found her, and he is right. A goofy looking nerd like myself shouldn't have it this good!

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife (...she's my 3rd; they say "the 3rd time's a charm", and I believe it!) is the best thing that's ever happened to me. I wasn't "looking" when I found her, and that's probably why it's turned out to be such a great union! When you're "looking", all you usually end up finding is trouble...

She's fifteen years younger than me (which probably explains why I'm so damn tired all the time!) But that's okay...she keeps me young! My previous wives were the same age as me (...I'm 46 now), and the marraiges were DISASTERS, other than the fact that my son and daughter came out of my first marraige.

The disparity in our ages has never been a problem...she has a "twisted" sense of humor that matches mine, jibe for jibe. She's a Corrections Officer, like me, and handles herself incredibly well under circumstances that would make most of the men I know cringe! We've been together for seven years now, and this is the first time in my life that I've looked forward to the "next seven"...I think I got it right this time. To top it all off, she ENCOURAGES my flashoholism (I believe I've achieved marital NIRVANA!)!

PJD

B@rt

Flashaholic
hog9gd.gif
:green:
j/k :crackup:
She's more than I deserve. ;) :kiss:

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
22 years ago a wise older friend told me that I had married way above myself and to never forget it!

I have tried to remember his advice every day of the past nearly quarter century.

Not bad for having become engaged 13 days after we started dating and never have looked back.

She is still the prettiest woman in any room, and though she has given me 2 strong sons and 2 beautiful daughters, people still can't believe that our oldest is married and our second is 19.

She remains the light of my life and I love her more than life itself.

I'm honest enough to admit that I married the first girl I ever dated who could argue with me and make me see the error of my ways, and 22 years later, she still can.

She is literally a jewel alongside my rough rock, but she makes me whole.

She is a professional photographer, a mother, a wife, and a volunteer in too many causes to count. Her web site is down for remodeling, but it is at juliewaitesphotography.com.

I feel sorry for all the rest of you, because I have the best there is and the rest of you are settling for seconds:)

Oh yeah, forgot the important part. A pewter E2E in the purse, a KevinL modded keychain light, a two stage, TWOJ modded Nuwai Q3 in the camera bag.

Bill

Last edited:

Penguin

Enlightened
Spouse? Not quite. But my girlfriend is a real gem. A great sense of humor, the most beautiful smile, we're both quirky.. but best of all, she's my best friend :) plus, she carries an Arc AAA on her keys and a G2 in the purse :)

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like this kind of thread, too much spouse bashing in other places. I'm impressed with my wife as well. Two years ago when I got the crazy idea of returning to school for postgraduate studies, my wife was completely supportive. What it meant for her was uprooting from all her friends and family to move to the UK and start all over again. She also suffers from seasonal affect disorder and the foggy overcast weather of Edinburgh can be pretty hard on her. She's basically supporting us while I finish my studies, but has still found time to get involved in the community and make some pretty good friends. It's a telling witness to her character that most of our friends back in the States had a harder time being separated from her than they did with me. She has a special gift for understanding the inner dimensions of our common humanity, and I aught to go give her a hug now. :grouphug:

Oh, and a KL1 w/ aleph CR2 flared body and 2 stage tail-cap in purse, and a purple coin cell light on her keychain. :)

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I think my wife deserves sainthood. She's put up with me for almost 34 years of marriage plus 5 years of dating. I'm sure I would have guttered out by now otherwise. She gave me a great son. She likes to cook and does the food shopping. Doesn't hassle me about my flashlights and radios. Is kind and generous. And is surely one of the hardest working principals in the local school system. I really don't deserve such a champ.

Geoff

tron3

Banned
powernoodle said:
Even if you are married to an old hag who smells like cheese, theres a bunch of good stuff you can still say about her (him)....

What kind of cheese are we talking here?

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I knew I was going to marry her the first date, and after 10 months we did, 27 years ago. She has the biggest heart of anyone I know. Watching a tv show where baby pigs get their tails cut off, she cries for their pain. She tries to see the good in everybody, including me even after all these years. She is a nurse, and loves her job working in geriatrics, she gets great satisfaction out of making the elderly have a good cared for life at the end of theirs. There is no sense giving her a gift certificate for a holiday because she spends it on everyone but herself, but that brings her joy.

I reached for the stars when I met her, and captured the brightest, in my eyes at least. And should she pass from this cancer, I will be dimished to the point of non-existence.

AlphaTea

Enlightened
We have been married going on 28yrs.
For our 10th I brought her over to Italy (back then I was in the USN and my ship was in port in Naples) She had never been out of the states.
I took her to my favorite restaurant in Sorrento. The only thing she saw on the menu that she recognized besides spaghetti was "Shrimp Scampi". She says "Oooh I like the way they make it at Red Lobster, I'll get this! And I will take the Seafood salad too." Well, being a world traveler I didn't even think about what she had ordered. I had Linguini with white clam sauce. Welllll let me tell you about her reaction. First of all she is a southern belle from L.A. (Lower Alabama) who lead a fairly sheltered life, until she met me. Never had a drink or a smoke. She wont even say the word FART. Anyway, the waiter brings my pasta first and I swear it was served on a pizza pan it was so big. He then brings out her Shrimp Scampi. He is walking through the crowded room so he has her plate up over his head. He gets to our table and says to her, "For da pritty lady ah tolda da cookah to makeh hiza bestes Scampi eveh, ah hopa chu enajoy dis a veddi much." He then put the plate down in front of her. I swear she turned green.:eeew: The Shrimp Scampi was two VERY LARGE prawns, split tail to head. All of the legs, antenna, eye balls, shell and head were still attached. The waiter thought he had offended her in some way and was also very upset. I explained the situation about eyeballs etc to calm eveyone down.
No way in hell that was staying on our table in front of her, so I removed the meat and put it on my Linguini so he could take her plate away.
She then says she will just eat her salad. The waiter brings her seafood salad.
I guess I forgot to mention that this was a SEAFOOD salad, with the emphasis on the seafood. Matter of fact, there wasn't any vegetable matter in this salad. It was a mixture of Calamari, Mitili, Molluschi, Gamberetto and Polipo (squid, mussels, clams, prawns and octopus). It was all cooked and cleaned and was not hot, sort of chilled like shrimp cocktail. Only problem here was those tenticles with those suckers on them. She started crying. Asked if she could have spaghetti instead, as long as there wasn't anything odd in it. I tried to eat the salad but just didnt have the room.
The waiters tip was significantly more than the cost of the meal.
For our 25th I was planning to take her on a cruise ship to Alaska. She seemed to be pretty excited about that. Just before I was about to make the reservations she says "You know, what? Why dont we just buy one of those BIG screen TV's that you mount on the wall." Then she says, "I mean one of those big ol' honkin 50" plasma screens that gets HDTV."
I thought I was having a religious experience. :thumbsup:
Then I almost wet myself when she says "Can you imagine what it would be like to play an Xbox on one of those things, we can get one of those too you know.":faint: :drool:
I am trying to maintain my composure and said "Geez dear, I don't know..."
She insisted.
We have had a 50" Pioneer Plasma mounted on our living room wall for the last 3 years.:rock:

So, now we are coming up on our 28th.
She was talking about me building a deck on the back of the house. After a few discouraging estimates for materials and such, she announces that she wants another wall mounted TV for the bed room.
I think I'll keep her.