What is your favorite American made ,non SF flashlight?

david-me

Newly Enlightened
What is your favorite American made ,non SF flashlight?

I've been seeing alot of flack being shot at Chinese lights for various reasons.

So I thought I would see about doing my part in showing a little love for my fellow Americans.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
That would have to be my Arc LSL, followed closely by the other Arcs (AA and AAA), Peak Matterhorn, and UK eLED 4AA.

Geoff

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight SL-20, Stinger, and TL/NF series.
Mag Charger

While I'm most impressed with the recent SL Propoly 3C and 4AA luxeon lights, both of those are assembled in the US using imported components, and while Streamlight stands behind those with their same no nonsense warrranty standards, I"m not sure those would qualify.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own that many lights -- less than 20. The favorite USA-made flashlight I own is a Streamlight 4AA Luxeon Propolymer.

My second favorite USA-made light is a 2AA Mini Maglite upgraded with a TerraLux TLE-5 Luxeon LED module.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS EDC-60 Basic-most often with me
Night-Ops Gladius-Trusted under backcountry conditions

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own several Streamlights so I have first hand experience with those. I must say, the SL TL, NF, and Scorpion LED series lights are great in performance, machining and mfr'ing quality, and value.
I had a couple of Pelicans, what was great, no probs, the other had a bad switch that worked about 5% of the time. I've seen other Pelicans tho and they seem quite good.
I've never owned an Inova, but played with a few and they seem very nice, great machining, and seem solid.
Then there's all the low volume and custom lights, but for high-volume mfr's, the above are my favorite US brands.
Keep in mind tho that if it has any electronic circuitry, it's not an all USA light.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite is my HDS B42GT. Sure, I'd like a U60, but I don't have one. I really like the multiple levels - I can always get the right amount for my needs.

But this is followed very closely by my Inovas. All of them. They operate like fine tools. The T3 would have to be my favorite because it fills a nice need for a bright spot with very little tapering off spill to illuminate only what I want to at almost any distance with a nice forward style tail clicky. Followed by all my X1's. Then the T1 is an oversized 1x CR123 with a nice spot with dim sidespill and good grip that is a pleasure to use.

Then Maglight as I have a 2AA MMag with TLE-5 and kroll that has turned into a nice work light to use with just about the right amount of light for many uses, as well as the D cells that are also always a good host - two of which I have LED bulbs dropped into and one up for a ROP mod. Almost no other lights are as moddable and flexible.

Peak makes such a nice line of lights, but my preference for clickies has limited my ownership as I have yet to find a pocket sized light with a clicky. I currently carry a Jil Intelli or lately a FireFly2 POP2.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inova, take your pick from the X1, X0, or X03, they are all great lights to me, and easily my favorites right now.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
jsr said:
Keep in mind tho that if it has any electronic circuitry, it's not an all USA light.

There is some circuitry made in the US. Not saying any specific products are or are not US made, just that there are LEDs (which are electronic circuits) made in the US as well as other specialty circutry.