My L5 arrived...

JonL

Newly Enlightened
Guys,

My SureFire L5 arrived today. It has a faint donut hole, but it really isn't that bad...

The light is very nice, but it just doesn't fit me very well... To me, it's kind of heavy and compared to my C2, it seems big. These two issues wouldn't be a problem, but for the application that I bought it for, it just isn't going to work...

Anyway...

The Porcupine

Enlightened
Jon,
That's a shame!:( I don't know what application you bought it for, but initially I had the same feelings about my first L5. Just didn't use it very much and it felt kinda akward.........until I sold the darn thing!:ohgeez: Missed it so much I had to go and buy another one! My new L5 feels just right! Go figure!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
What style head did you end up with, new or older? I love the size of the L5 personally, can't wait to get it back from Surefire Repair.....

The Porcupine

Enlightened
KDOG3 said:
What style head did you end up with, new or older? I love the size of the L5 personally, can't wait to get it back from Surefire Repair.....
I got the new one.
sfl52m.jpg

Kinda surprised me, since I had no idea they had changed it!:laughing: Initially, I didn't like the new style much, but I'm fine with it now.

JonL

Newly Enlightened
Dog,

I got the older, tapered head...

CHC,

Yes, I do like the weight and size of the C2 better than the L5...

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
So what are you do with it? Sell it? I believe Bernie here on the forums said it will work fine on a 3 cell body. A HAIII C3 body might be a nice addition..... I'm going to ask surefire about that though....

JonL

Newly Enlightened
Dog,

I'm going to sell it... I've almost convinced myself to keep the C2...
smile.gif

CLHC

Flashaholic
JonL!

Just curious here—There's no dealer in your area that where you can chance upon a particular SureFire model and "see" the light before purchasing? That is if they'll let you do so with your own set of batteries to "test" and "evaluate" the beam characteristics. . .

JonL

Newly Enlightened
CHC,

I could probably do that, but it would take the fun out of it...
smile.gif

CLHC

Flashaholic
Fair enough. Are you going to consider in the near future the SureFire M6? There's a regulated "something" that's in the works as found in the Incandescents forum. . .

JonL

Newly Enlightened
CHC,

Yeah, I will probably get an M6, but I really don't need one...
smile.gif
A regulated M6 would be awesome...

I will check that out, thanks...
smile.gif

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well Surefire wrote back about the L5 on a 3 cell body. They confirmed that it will, and said it would give 180 minutes runtime....... Nice!

I would absolutely LOVE to see a LED mounted in a M6! Imagine the runtime!

txaggiechl

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

nc987

Enlightened
KDOG3 said:
I would absolutely LOVE to see a LED mounted in a M6! Imagine the runtime!

KL6 and KL2 both work on the M6 and have outstanding runtimes.