Saw the NightIze for C & D Maglites at Target this afternoon.

InfidelCastro

Banned
Sounds like it's crap. Unless you're looking for a dim, super long running survival oriented type of drop-in.

mattz357

Newly Enlightened
I went and got one as soon as I saw this thread, but I have to say it's not all that bright. Does anyone know when the actual Mag LEDs should be hitting shelves (the website says "early" 2006)? Thanks!

InfidelCastro

Banned
mattz357 said:
I went and got one as soon as I saw this thread, but I have to say it's not all that bright. Does anyone know when the actual Mag LEDs should be hitting shelves (the website says "early" 2006)? Thanks!

Well... supposedly the first C and D versions are supposed to hit stores in April, with the 2AA and 3AA Minimag versions showing up in June. Nobody has seen any as of yet though.

I'm especially interested in the 2AA and 3AA. I hope they put a clicky on them.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I think I'll hold off on these until they go on clearance, which should be soon. I don't think too many of the general public are going to shell out $10 for a bulb. Wait a month and they'll be clearing them for three bucks.

Geoff

InfidelCastro

Banned
I don't think I would want one for $3 even. I don't see a use for it. I see the use for a LuxI or LuxIII on a Maglite, but not this.

wwglen

Enlightened
I think this would be good to go in the tail cap of a 2-C cell Mag moddeed to take 3-123's.

This way if the bright bulb goes out you can plug in a LED for continued use and in an emergancy you could use the SAME bulb and drop down to 2-C cells for commonality and long run time.

I will buy some on clearence at $3-$5.

wwglen