L4 ?

city cop

Newly Enlightened
Hello all !
The front part of my L4 bezel is loose/unscrewed. Is this ok? I'm worred about water getting in the bezel. It does screw back on but I don't see how it will stay water proof.

RemingtonBPD

Enlightened
city cop said:
Hello all !
The front part of my L4 bezel is loose/unscrewed. Is this ok? I'm worred about water getting in the bezel. It does screw back on but I don't see how it will stay water proof.

Well correct me if I am wrong, but it is not really "waterproof" anyways...more like water resistant...I use mine on duty and it has gotten a little bit of rain on it w/o any problems, but I certainly would not subject it to any substantial amounts of water.

logarithmic

Newly Enlightened
city cop said:
Hello all !

I believe that the threads are (or in your case were) secured with locktite... so right now if its not moving at all, thats good. If it wiggles around or whatever... thats bad. Heat the bezel in hot water (just dip the end in), which will losen the locktite so you can turn it, and retighten the ring. I'm betting that would do the trick...

city cop

Newly Enlightened
I'll have to give that a shot! But what makes the seal, the threads alone?

greenLED

Flashaholic
There should be an o-ring somewhere on the head/bezel ring. That should be lubricated, as well as the threads, to keep water out.