One handed operation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJohn

Enlightened
Hi,

A quick question to owners of the newest Arc AAA: How are the threads and the grip on the new AAA? Is it easy to turn the light on/off with one hand, or is it a two-handed operation like I am used to with the Peak AAA unit?

Thanks for the information,
John

Last edited:

Chris201W

Enlightened
The knurling on the AAA is quite aggressive (but not too much), so it's easy to get a good grip on it. The head is a little difficult to turn with one hand, not too bad though. From what I've heard, it's easier than the peak matterhorn.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's easy, and not only that, it doesn't require much movement from complete lock-out to on. Some lights are very sensitive or loose and can turn on easily when you don't want them to. The Arc isn't one of these lights.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Chris201W said:
The knurling on the AAA is quite aggressive (but not too much)
I guess we have different perceptions of what aggressive knurling is. SF lights have aggressive knurling, IMO, but not the Arcs. Try filing your finger nails with an Arc, then try with a SF and you'll see the difference. :crazy:

Mrd 74

Enlightened
Maybe "functional" as opposed to abrasive would have been a better description of Arcs knurling. It provides excellent grip without chewing your pockets to rags.

Status
Not open for further replies.