• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Lumileds producing better yeilds?

Shaocaholica

Enlightened
Seems like everyone wants the brightest whitest and most efficient Luxs. Has Lumileds increased its yeilds of higher performance Luxs since they started making them? What kind of yeilds have there been in the last year? 2 years? 5 years?

Shaocaholica

Enlightened
Does that mean hard to find bins a year ago are easier to find now? It seems like people are always after those and if yeilds are getting better, there shouldn't be talk of "unobtainium" bins since you'd be able to get lots of them in a year or so right?

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not really - Last years unobtainium bin was a T brightness, this year it is U brightness.

The problem is not just one of "buying them", it takes connections, and a real willingness to buy a substantial qty at a substanital premium to get them. You really need connections at the supplier, and a real sense of "I can overcome the odds" to make it work.

After that, there is a lot of effort to break up the reel, package them and deal with the logistic of individual sales. More pain than I can take. My hat is off to guys like Photon Fanatic, etc. who do this.