Last of targets RR peanut

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
I was in target I found 1 last river rock peanut keychain light for a whopping $1.48! Its such a cool shape!And a handy light for a buck!!! Has anyone tried to mod these? Any Ideas?

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
Someone mentioned trying to put a 4th battery in them but the tailcap couldn't be threaded all the way in. Could probably be modded to make room. If that was successful, there is a single cell 4LR44 that could be used in place of the multiple cells. I'm sure that would REALLY be overdriving it due to greater voltage and lower internal battery resistance, but at these prices it wouldn't cost much to blow out an LED.
You could also use a single lithium cell that takes the place of 2 regular LR44 size, plus a dummy if you wanted a dimmer version for a tent night light.
I've modded some by snapping off the swivel and keyring section. This leaves the wire bale in place so you can hang it on any lanyard of your choice. You could also remove the wire bale too and use a very thin cord or nothing at all for a very sleek appearance.
I haven't studied the LED/switch assembly itself. I'm sure someone could substitute different color LED's in.
The body color would look pretty cool in black I think.
Someone else removed their front lens and said the beam was greatly improved and the LED is still recessed and protected.

stjohnh

Newly Enlightened
I have a bunch of these, for gifts and stocking stuffers, I like the sleek look, and removed all the attachments to the tail hole. Main dislike is the difficult one handed turn on/off..

I fixed that by removing the O ring at the head (first tried lubing it, but only helped a little) and by smushing down hard on the tail spring to compress it a bit... much nicer to turn on/off.

Holland