What Retail outlets sell LED upgrades for Mag Lites and other flashlights?

fishwatcher

Newly Enlightened
In particular, in the Bay Area, even more specifically, the South Bay (San Jose, Cupertino, Mtn. View).

I know NiteIze is sold at major retailers like WalMart, Target, and REI, but what about TerraLux? Diamond? etc?? Are there brick and mortar stores that carry these brands or others?

Thanks!

Rando

Enlightened
I was in Target today and saw a 3 LED mini-mag upgrade. Don't know if it's NiteIze or not, didn't pay that much attention.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Greetings and Welcome FishWatcher & Pickels!

There's Fry's Electronics for them Nite-Ize and accessories. For the TerraLux and Diamond LEDs, mostly online such as LED-Replacement. Then you have The Sandwich Shoppe which is based here in Santa Clara County but only will take orders via the internet. The same with AmondoTech.

Enjoy!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
In addition to the resources CHC listed, a reasonable cost resource for batteries is all-battery.com (brand name Tenergy) is located on Kifer down the street from the Sunnyvale Costco, and unlike the other local mail-order dealers, they not only offer will-call but will actually encourage it if it will save you money in shipping (as you know with the price of gas, that's not always the case here in the Valley :( ).

fishwatcher

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all of the replies.

I really appreciate it. Also, thanks for the welcomes. I've been lurking for a couple of days, and this site and it's members are are really helpful. This has been an extremely valuable resource for me, as I've upgraded my mini-mag lite w/ a Nite Ize LED (cheap mod I know.. but very cost-efficient), and look forward to upgrading my Mag C and D lights w/ drop-in TeraLux LED's (or Mag LED's, if current Mag's will be upgradeable to LED, with a drop in Mag LED. Anybody know? ).

If a retail outlet nearby stocked TerraLux, Diamond, or other comparable options, I'd love to be able to go in, and "shop around". I'm holding out that something like this exists around here, but if not, I guess I'll have to buy on-line.

That all-battery place would be nearly the perfect answer, if they sold LED upgrades. Another on-line resource, with a local address (w/out will-call option) is County Comm. I called them, to find out, their address, down the street from me, only takes orders and hosts their site.

Actually.. LumiLeds is in the valley, I wonder if they have a company store, open to the public??

Thanks again.

Lucero

Enlightened
AFAIK, Lumileds isn't set up for retail. I'm here, in SJ, also.

I began by upgrading with the NiteIze because it was about $4.77 at Fry's on Brokaw, while I was there searching for something entirely different. Once I found this forum, I realized there's soooooo much more to lighting alternatives.

When you start getting deeper into reading about the Luxeon products, do a search here for the bin codes and the "luxeon lottery" before you buy from somebody on eBay or from a more reputable online retailer. There's plenty of jokers selling Luxeon products on eBay w/o any reference to, nor claimed knowledge of, the bin codes.