great now i got my 3rd ipod and 7thbroke mp3 player@#&^&*(*(&*(&)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
me and mp3 players i love em so much i think there my fav gadget. but i break em only one i have that still works is my sony himd player and its kinda broke to but today i did some comepter reapir and they gave me a 40 gig ipod but the ipod updater dont work not sure whats wrong i think it must be hardrive im so pissed and upset im about to blow a gasket i could of took cash but the guy didnt wanna pay me much i thought the ipoid would be beter deal well lol it wasnt unless i can fix this darn thing

KYGlockers

Newly Enlightened
I once heard that periods are a mans best friend. Seriously, youre crappy writing hurts the eyes!!!!:huh::huh:( (NOT TRYING TO BE AN ASSHOLE!)

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
KYGlockers said:
I once heard that periods are a mans best friend. Seriously, youre crappy writing hurts the eyes!!!!:huh::huh:(NOT TRYING TO BEE AN ASSHOLE!)
I once heard that apostrophes are a man's best friend, too... and grammar, as well. ;)

Raggie, you must be having bad luck with 'em. My iPod mini locked up on me (sad iPod face) just recently, but my two iRivers (iHP-120 and iFP-795T) still work perfectly. They've never crashed or frozen. I suppose (most) MP3 players aren't made to be too robust.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol i kill ipods and mp3 players well i do admit most the ipods ive got was not new

Sturluson

Enlightened
I had a long talk with a nice lady at the Apple Store who advised me that the flash drive iPods (Nano and Shuffle) can take use and abuse much better than the hard drive models. My 15-year-old son has gone through three HD iPods, but his shuffle keeps on ticking. Shock and associated trauma, according to her, kills the HD models.

carrot

Flashaholic
I believe it Sturluson. One of my friends managed to go through 5 iPods (one was an iPod shuffle; it went through the laundry), and finally ended up with a nano, which is still serving her well... an iPod longetivity record for her.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
raggie33 said:
me and mp3 players i love em so much i think there my fav gadget. but i break em only one i have that still works is my sony himd player and its kinda broke to but today i did some comepter reapir and they gave me a 40 gig ipod but the ipod updater dont work not sure whats wrong i think it must be hardrive im so pissed and upset im about to blow a gasket i could of took cash but the guy didnt wanna pay me much i thought the ipoid would be beter deal well lol it wasnt unless i can fix this darn thing

I'm surprised you don't break keyboards too...

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/111877&highlight=grammar

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flash ones are durable, especailly if you drop them a lot. I got a creative MuVo TX from ebay, and the volume down button stopped working (never worked right) but it was like that when I got it. I've droped it many a times. It will shut off sometimes (battery must move and disconnect from the drop) but keeps going.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flash players are the way to go for serious "on the go" folks. Short of drowning them I've not seen too many die. Have you tried one of those rubber armor cases for your hard drive versions?

-LT

LukeK

Enlightened
Microdrives are just 1inch hard drives, Navck. They have moving parts just like their larger counterparts so they suffer the same fate. Flash is definitely the way to go for shock resistance!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i mess up flash players to lol my sony md player is the only thing that last and its broke to but it still play but sometimes the hold switch messes up and no buttens work for about 7 months i thoughts it didnt work

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Navck said:
I would of thought that microdrives would of been more durable, guess not.

In my cameras my microdrives have lasted years but I don't treat them like I do my MP3 players. Microdrives for all their high tech still have moving parts and that tends to be the limitation.

In fact the drives get weird at altitudes above 9k feet IIRC. Something to do with the drive arm/head and thin air at altitude.

-LT

Navck

Enlightened
Lunal_Tic said:
In my cameras my microdrives have lasted years but I don't treat them like I do my MP3 players. Microdrives for all their high tech still have moving parts and that tends to be the limitation.

In fact the drives get weird at altitudes above 9k feet IIRC. Something to do with the drive arm/head and thin air at altitude.

-LT

The head won't float properly over the lower pressure air, sometimes this can lead to a drive crash. The only reason its weird to me that microdrives are more durable is because of A:What they're designed for, B:Smaller compoents are less prone to be shifted by sudden G forces

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem is their operating specs vs. non-operating specs. MP3 players tend to have the drive operating nearly all the time, writing files in a camera is intermittent. It's more likely that a someone would experience a shock during operation with a MP3 player than other applications. They are something on the order of 10x as shock resistant in the non-operating mode. It's just the nature of the beast.

-LT

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
KYGlockers said:
I once heard that periods are a mans best friend. Seriously, youre crappy writing hurts the eyes!!!!:huh::huh:( (NOT TRYING TO BE AN ASSHOLE!)
No sh!t man, I've got a broken hand and still try to type legibly.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because of no moving parts and less power draw, don't the flash players give longer battery life? I also have read in reviews that the sound output generally is more robust.

I have a 1.5G hd based Rio Nitrus which thus far hasn't broke but the sound output at max level is not very robust at all. If it dies then for me a flash based mp3 player will be a no brainer. 2Gig will hold hundreds of songs, enough for me.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
geepondy said:
I have a 1.5G hd based Rio Nitrus which thus far hasn't broke but the sound output at max level is not very robust at all. If it dies then for me a flash based mp3 player will be a no brainer. 2Gig will hold hundreds of songs, enough for me.

Flash vs Hard drive shouldn't any difference in sound quality; a digital file is a digital file. You might try different headphones/earbuds to see if that doesn't help. Also you can bump the volume and sound characteristics of the files before you put them on you player. MusicMatch software has an auto leveling feature that's nice. It keeps all tunes at about the same output.

-LT