GLO-Stick 8" at Walgreens

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a quick search and can't find any mention of these in the forum so I'm starting a new thread.

I came across this LED product at Walgreens tonight and picked it up as it was so cheap. It's marked at $1.99, but at the register it rang up on sale for $1.50. It's a multi-color 4 LED 8" wand with seven flash patterns controlled by a single switch. It uses three LR44 button cells which are replaceable using a micro Phillips head screwdriver. It also comes with a lanyard. I don't have a use for it, but for $1.50 I was sold.

Here's a brief video clip I made with my new phone. It's my first attempt at video so please tell me if it doesn't work. :thinking:

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually it looks better in person as the video doesn't do a good job of capturing the flash patterns.

BTW, Walgreens also had a 2xAA clear bodied flashlight with two rows of red LEDs running along its insides. The primary bulb looked like a xenon. Cost was $10.

BamZipPow

Newly Enlightened
Here's the website link... :D;)

It sure is cheaper than the CK Sauce Lightwand...but it runs a single AA battery and only has 3 LEDs. :eek:

I wonder how long those watch batteries will last. Might be worth it to mod those out to use AA batteries... :D

Last edited:

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
At walmart they sell a led glow stick in the hunting section anywhere from a buck to 2. I believe its made by garrity, not sure of the name. It uses a few button cells and is not made to be reused, but it can be.

CLHC

Flashaholic
There's a Walgreens down where I live, so now I've got to go and check that out. Wonder if this would be bright enough :)thinking:) for one of your hikes?

BamZipPow

Newly Enlightened
Well...I just ordered 20 of them babies... :D

With the current prices of gas (close to $3 a gallon), it was cheaper to have them shipped ($5.29 shipping) than driving around hunting through the various Walgreens looking fer them... :eek:

These will make some great bday/Xmas gifts... :D;)

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
CHC said:
There's a Walgreens down where I live, so now I've got to go and check that out. Wonder if this would be bright enough :)thinking:) for one of your hikes?
I got the last two on Blossom Hill Road and Snell. I checked the Walgreens at Blossom Hill and Kooser and they didn't have any. I promise I won't buy anymore. As for the upcoming hikes, you can see these things way off, but they don't provide any area illumination.

I was hoping to meet you CHC at the last CPF lunch. I hope you'll join the hiking group for our springtime return to the Pinnacles.

EDIT: So could someone tell me if the video link worked? I'm still trying to figure this stuff out.

Last edited:

Babo

Newly Enlightened
Forget the glow stick...
What kind of phone do you have that makes movies?

I swear, I must move off this island. Next thing I know someone
will invent a telephone with no cord.