hate is ok

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i used to try to like everyone! i thought hate was a bad emotion.but i was lieing to my self.hate is great i think hate is a perfect emotion and i think it was unhealthy to try to find the good in everyone.face it some pople just are a waste a space.i say this knowing well i can be one of the waste a space people .hate is a strong emotion and if we go around this world lookking for the good in everyone we will be disapointed .so i let the hate in .and i feel better well i feel kinda mean but i feel as i should feel cause some pople have to little good .and im sure i am or can be a person with little or no good.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Lightmeup said:
Give an example of a couple of things you think it's good to hate.
g what a simple easy question .hate o i hate people who .say things that they know will hurt another.i hate those who think there better then another. i hate those who are racist.i hate those who harm others .i love people who do good.who care at the end of the day how the was with others

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Hatred, mischief and jealousy are among the prime motors of this world. That's what makes us tick, it is so natural, and almost always rewarding. Mother nature gave us those upon birth, and we make good use of them.

Love, tenderness and care ... you have to work hard for those, have to learn it in a lot of bitter lessons and the reward is often non-existant.

The question is which way to go. Make it a wise choice.

bernhard

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I kind of think what you are saying rag is that it is ok not to like everyone, it does not even have to get deep into hate. To like everyone is impossible, even yourself at times you are going to dislike. Even if it goes deeply to hatred, which it will at times with certain people, it is how you express, or deal with that emotion that makes the biggest difference. Learning to deal with negative emotions is the key, we all have them, but we do not need to act upon them. Learning toleance and acceptance of those things we "hate" or even dislike is key, knowing like you said that you will be one that someone else will hopefully tolerate when you cause negative emotions in them.

Learning to understand that simply because we dislike someone or something DOES NOT MEAN that whoever or whatever is bad or wrong, or give us any moral justification to act upon those negative emotions.

Quite often, not always, we will find that the reason we dislike something or someone is ignorance, simply not understanding the thing or person. We fear and dislike those things we do not know or understand...

Knowledge and tolerance.

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hate can be used for good, if it motivates you to make things change. Or it can be bad: if only used to waste your energy, on someone or something that only deserves to be ignored.

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you." —Yoda

"Let the hate flow through you." "Good! Your hate has made you powerful. Now, fulfill your destiny and take your father's place at my side!" —The Emperor

nethiker

Enlightened
Hate for me is not o.k.. It does not fit in with my beliefs of why I'm here and what I'm what I'm suppose to be doing. At the most basic level it simply feels wrong or as you say "mean".

Perhaps you should think some more about the idea of some people being a waste of space. I believe that all things have inherent value, they are beautiful just because they are. This doesn't mean that you have to like them or the things they do. It is my goal to even love those in prison who have committed terrible crimes. I of course don't like what they did, but I really do believe that even they are not a waste of space. There are obviously many who don't agree with me or else we wouldn't have capital punishment.

I can't tell you how to be happy or at least not disappointed. My way is with faith. There is a quote I like from Alan Jones book, Reimagining Christianity that relates here.

"We are made by love, for love, to love one another."

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i think i was just mad at the ipod probelm and then some nimrods.on the net pissed me off.but i shoulda just ignored them jerks.scary how we let things get us in a bad mood or least i do

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
every one gets in a bad mood sometimes, gradually you learn to not hold

onto the bad feelings, and the amount of time you spend feeling bad

gets shorter and shorter.

there's good and bad in every person, which you respond to, accept or reject, makes the difference in your life, and in the world.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I hate the emotion hate, but it's real. I prefer to hate people's actions not the people themselves.

I hate things - like cheap mp3 players that aren't constructed well enough to last longer. Well I don't really hate the mp3 player, but the quality control/process that goes into it's making.

Yes, hate is one of the emotions I really try to stay away from. I may hate working with someone, I may hate the way they act, but again...I try not to actually hate the person. Tough thing to do at times!

BTW, I don't really like black licorice - but I guess I don't hate it! :huh2: :thinking:

Fringe

Enlightened
Hate is a powerful word, one which should not be thrown around lightly.

I beleive dislike is the more appropriate word when one uses the word hate.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reminds me of this I read somewhere else:

"We constantly forget the good things in life...Remember that when someone makes us angry, it takes 42 muscles to make an anger face, but it only takes 4 muscles, to raise the arm and punch out the idiot":D:nana:
:lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign:

Dont let them get to you, be cool!

AlexGT

Topper

Flashaholic*
Well I will not go into any details and I will make this short.
Hate can eat you alive.
dislike is normal.
I tried for years to go the way of hating actions not the people.
I was just not being honest with myself..not to say others cannot do that I could not.
Hate got so strong in my life it was indeed killing me.
I was delivered from true hardcore hate. Thank God not anything I did.
Now, folks I would have hated just seem pitiful,sad and in need of help.
no strong hate from me anymore just a deep sadness at times for some but I can pray about that for them not for me.
Topper :candle:

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to confess,

I am becoming less and less of a person. I find that I feel hate more and more. I need to get ahold of that and change it.

TorchMan

Enlightened
bfg9000 said:
Hate can be used for good, if it motivates you to make things change. Or it can be bad: if only used to waste your energy, on someone or something that only deserves to be ignored.

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you." —Yoda

"Let the hate flow through you." "Good! Your hate has made you powerful. Now, fulfill your destiny and take your father's place at my side!" —The Emperor

This member beat me to the quotes. I can also hear Dooku telling Anakin something to the effect of "You have hate, but you don't use it!

I do hate at times, but I try not to. I find it wants to consume too many other emotions.

Last edited:

Topper

Flashaholic*
JonSidneyB said:
I have to confess,

I am becoming less and less of a person. I find that I feel hate more and more. I need to get ahold of that and change it.

Hi Jon, I will put a double stickie up by your name on my prayer list. :rock:
Never forget sometimes we need a little help with stuff nothing wrong with that.
Topper :)

Topper

Flashaholic*
Find time? Raggie I make time for you pal and alot of others. I have a prayer list and you are on it. Hush don't tell Jon but you were on my list at least 6 months before he was. I will tell you a secret Raggie. I have pals in a few local Churches here in Jonesboro Arkansas and you got more little kids and more little old ladies and everything in between praying for you that you can shake a stick at.
Raggie aint the only one on that list. :)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Topper said:
Find time? Raggie I make time for you pal and alot of others. I have a prayer list and you are on it. Hush don't tell Jon but you were on my list at least 6 months before he was. I will tell you a secret Raggie. I have pals in a few local Churches here in Jonesboro Arkansas and you got more little kids and more little old ladies and everything in between praying for you.
Raggie aint the only one on that list. :)
wow thank you freind.thats the best gift i could recive.i talk to god every day and i pray for all my freinds and a course ya are on that list.somedays i forget to pray but usaly i recall

Latest posts