Any Star Trek Fans here?

AlphaTea

Enlightened
A couple of weeks ago I came across the Star Trek New Voyages website http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/1024/home.php .

It is set up to be the 4th season of the original Star Trek series from the late 60's. The actors who play the parts are different, but the characters, sets and music are the same.

They are making the diff episodes slowly and they are only available on the net.

I watched the pilot episode and thought it was OK at best. Then I watched episode 4.01 (season 4, episode 1).

Holy freakin cow! That was absolutely awesome! Just like taking an original ST episode you missed and putting new actors in it(yea, like I missed a episode in 35 yrs of reruns).

The actors even have the manorism of the main characters down pat. There even guest appearances by original actors.

Check it out.

I think its pretty cool. YMMV

COMMANDR

Enlightened
Huge fan of Star Trek , Next Gen, Voyager, Deep Space Nine, Enterprise and so on. Also the Star Trek movies! I have seen Star Trek New Voyages on the net also.

bruddamoke

Newly Enlightened
Big fan of TOS and DS9, kinda like Enterprise and Voyager, but somehow never got into TNG. Saw and own every episode of the 4 I like, have missed many of the TNG episodes and own none.

Never figured out exactly why I did not like it. Never thought much about it either.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me big trekkie too! I've seen everything made and my favorite is still the original series. I think that may have something to do with the great background music.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I liked TNG because I watched it with my dad at dinner time when I was a kid. I learned to love the rest of the franchise, except for Enterprise.

COMMANDR

Enlightened
magic79 said: I named my son Kirk. Need I say more?
smile.gif

Hard Core Dude!!! A real fan.
naughty.gif

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was a huge fan of TOS, TNG, and DS9. (and Babylon 5, too!) Voyager started off pretty good but I couldn't stand to watch the last half or so. Gave Enterprise its chance across several months but it was garbage. I hope thet let the franchise rest until everyone currently involved is too old to work.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a little trivia game; I'll post a recent picture of an actual filming location from the original series and you guess the name of the episode. Answer correctly and I'll tell you where the location is.

First picture:
596ca779.jpg

Hint: The name on top of the building wasn't there in the 1960's and it was under different ownership.

AJ_Dual

Enlightened

I'm not enough of a geek to actualy name the episode, but I know the which one it was.

That's from the one where the UFP colony went "dead" because those big flying amoeba things took everyone over. The infected people ran out of hiding with pipes screaming "we don't want to hurt you, but they're making us!" etc. etc.

Spock got nailed by one, and they burned it out of him in the light-box, after realising the guy flying the shuttlecraft into the sun screamed "I'm Free!" right before he blew up. In the light box, Spock went temporarily blind. Fortunately his extra Vulcan inner eye-lids saved him. They then figured out it was the UV, and modfied the phasers and killed the entire hive.

I think they also used it as a partial backdrop (or a matte painting that looked losts like it) for several other eps, like the planet of people that was too fast, and the planets that played "war games" and went into the desintegrator booth willingly when they "died".

magic79

Enlightened
AJ Dual: You should write TV Guide synopses! Nicely done.

That episode was "Operation: Annihilate!", which coincidentally aired 39 years ago tomorrow as the final episode of Season One!

Tajji

Newly Enlightened
LowBat said:
Here's a little trivia game; I'll post a recent picture of an actual filming location from the original series and you guess the name of the episode. Answer correctly and I'll tell you where the location is.

Couple of my buddies work in that building before and after the name change.