Flashaholic Demographics

What ethicity do you consider yourself?

• White - anglo, pasty, or other European Decent.

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • I'm a Brother

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Hispanic / Latino

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asian - various

• Indian

• Half White - mix

• Half Black - Mix

• Half Asain - Mix

• Half Hispanic / Latino - Mix

• Other / Let's get him.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tron3

Banned
Edit NOTE: If this poll offends you, please skip it and ignore it. The mods will lock it if they see fit. Too late for me to delete it, and I don't want to face banning. I thought everyone would see the passive nature in which this poll was created. Guess I was wrong.

I thought it might interesting to see the differering number of races who become flashaholics.

Mind you, this is simply a study of race-types, and not meant to lead to arguments. Believe it or not, marketing types love this kind of info, and probably have been waiting for me to make this poll. :grin2:

Ultimately, this will tell us who our friends are.

Last edited:

OutdoorIdiot

Enlightened
Re: Flashaholic Race Demographics

With respect, I will not be taking part in this poll.

tron3

Banned

OutdoorIdiot said:
With respect, I will not be taking part in this poll.

I respect that. Just keep in mind my poll options are somewhat tongue-in-cheek. On the other hand, will people refrain from voting because they are afraid of what we may find? Hmmm.

LiteBrite

Newly Enlightened

The terms you use for your poll are definitely not PC. This thread should be shut down.:thumbsdow

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

I almost skipped this thread based on title, and now I wish I had. Thanks T.

OutdoorIdiot

Enlightened

Regardless of the dubious nature of this poll, and it's political correctness, I feel it serves no value.

My friends in normal life are defined my experiences with them. The people I like on CPF are defined by their posts. Race is a non-issue, and what I fear is not "what we will find out," but rather "whether people actually think it is important."

jezzyp

Enlightened

Hopefully all are on here.

I've no problem with any race, colour, religion, shoe size...

As long as you don't break the law and pay your taxes you're OK by me.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've noticed that those who object to polls like this are selective. Where were the protests when a man started a poll asking whether there were any women on CPF? Or whether there are CPFers from a certain country?

The only individuals who are making judgments as a result of this question are those who are judging the member who innocuously began it.

tron3

Banned

If the mods lock it, so be it. But my intentions were good. Seems that people will find trouble with this thread no matter what the intention because race is involved. Please don't get me introuble with the modderators.

All I want this poll to prove is our diversity.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast

While I've seen a lot of discreet remarks on this site that hint around to a poster fostering hints of bigotry and/or racist undertones, this is one of the firsts that I've seen that is so blatant. I'm surprised and disappointed that it a poll of this nature is allowed on this site.

While it may be part your white-sheeted marketing demographics, I work in the marketing department of a multi-national corporation. We do not collect racial data! And we do not love data of this kind, at least not in the America that I live in, perhaps yours is about 50 years behind the times?

While others may have posted their opinions with due respect, please do not assume that of my posting. I have no respect for such attitudes.

tron3

Banned

Brighteyez said:
While I've seen a lot of discreet remarks on this site that hint around to a poster fostering hints of bigotry and/or racist undertones, this is one of the firsts that I've seen that is so blatant. I'm surprised and disappointed that it a poll of this nature is allowed on this site.

While it may be part your white-sheeted marketing demographics, I work in the marketing department of a multi-national corporation. We do not collect racial data! And we do not love data of this kind, at least not in the America that I live in, perhaps yours is about 50 years behind the times?

While others may have posted their opinions with due respect, please do not assume that of my posting. I have no respect for such attitudes.

Yikes. Major brain fart on this one. Haven't you seen the info-commercials on how cigarette companies see people of race? Geeze...delete the thread already. None of this was my intention.

Mention race and the crowd goes nuts as if I mean evil by it.

Buster Bodine

Newly Enlightened

I voted "I'm a brother" because I have one but I'm not sure if it counts or not because he doesn't post here.

How come you didn't offer an option for people with sisters?

:D

OutdoorIdiot

Enlightened

Paul in Maryland:

I think your point is entirely valid (though there are better ways of going about a poll such as this).

I hope I made my position clear without being judgemental? I feel I did.

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Paul_in_Maryland said:
The only individuals who are making judgments as a result of this question are those who are judging the member who innocuously began it.

There's an expression about "you make your bed - you sleep in it". Memories here are not that short. Regaining respect does automatically occur after a "time-out" - it must/should be earned.

LiteBrite

Newly Enlightened

I am fairly new to the forum, so I did not see the one asking about women. If I had, my response would be the same.

Asking about what country we are from (geopraphy) serves the purpose of finding local members to possibly meet with. There is no wrong in that.

There is nothing in asking what race we are. Each member can decide if they wish to respond. Again the issue is the use of terms on the poll itself (Pasty, Brother).

tron3

Banned

LiteBrite said:
The terms you use for your poll are definitely not PC. This thread should be shut down.:thumbsdow

Most un-pc choice I made was for whites, my own kind. If I can poke fun at myself for potentially being a "pasty-white", I think my black friends can forgive me for the "brother" option. Yes, I DO have many black friends, and we go out fairly often.

tron3

Banned

Paul_in_Maryland said:

Thanks for your understanding Paul. I did create this poll with the purest and most innocent of intentions.

Some people will cry and point "Racist!" because we were born with color vision. :rolleyes:

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Enough.
Closed.

tron3 ... please understand that your time here with this community will come to an end should you continue down the path you are now walking. This time though, the end might very well be a permanent one.

bernhard

Empath

Flashaholic

Tron, I believe I've already discussed this with you.

What appears over and over to be engineered offense eventually becomes a clear view of what we can expect. Rather than wait while you individually test the tolerance of each individual moderator and administrator, let's end it here. Bernard's tolerance is admirable for today. However, you're up against the tolerance of each of us, which means you're at the mercy of the lowest common denominator. Today, that's me.

You are once again banned. The difference this time is that as far as the software is concerned, it's a permanent ban. What that means for you is that in order to have your posting privileges restored, you're going to have to appeal to us to reinstate you. That's going to require a bit of effort on your part to present yourself as reformed. I've no idea as to whether you can achieve that goal or not.

This thread has nothing to do with flashlights, and doesn't belong in the general flashlight discussion area. It's being moved to our off topic forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.