Dream Flashlights...

Buster Bodine

Newly Enlightened
I don't know if anything like what I'm looking for is being made or not, but these are the lights I dream about...

Something in a package similar to an Inova X1 runs on a single AA, direct drive, blue tint (YO type?) LED with a little more throw and a little less flood than the X1.

A six in-line AA light with a body almost as big around as a C cell Maglight. (REALLY thick walls) multiple LEDs, 5, 8, I dunno, however many you could run off of a setup like that.

There are so many different flashlights out there I knew nothing about before coming to CPF, all I knew was Maglight, Inova, and Surefire and I thought everything else was just "Chinese Knockoffs" but it appears you guys really like some of those "knockoff" lights. I keep reading good things about these Fenix lights and they may bear closer examination but for now, the two listed above are my "dream list."

So, do they exist? Could they exist? Or am I asking for the improbable?

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buster Bodine said:
I don't know if anything like what I'm looking for is being made or not, but these are the lights I dream about...

Something in a package similar to an Inova X1 runs on a single AA, direct drive, blue tint (YO type?) LED with a little more throw and a little less flood than the X1...
You're in a real minority around here with that one -- but at least you're not alone. :D The Umbras would definately like that light, too, and would have to pull a few into the bunker...

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buster Bodine said:
A six in-line AA light with a body almost as big around as a C cell Maglight. (REALLY thick walls) multiple LEDs, 5, 8, I dunno, however many you could run off of a setup like that.
Wands and sticks. Oh, yeah.

I've got a 3AA Brinkman Legend customized to be an LGI which is a Mr. Bulk DD 1 watter.

I've got a 4AA rare Italian made NeoBeam modded by "flash..." with a dat2zip BadBoy 700 sandwich against a 3 watter.

I've got a rare ColdSteel 7AA Brute that I've modded to HotWire using a WA1166. Needs a better switch. Very thick walls, very aggressive knurling.

A 6AA in-line? I'd be all over it. 6 cells can overdrive many different bulbs to become HotWires.

For LEDs, a 6AA stick would be nice for a 5W Luxeon.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes dreams do come true, It wasn't that long ago most of us were dreaming about a Luxeon light that could run off a single AA cell, or even a AAA
cell, now we have the Fenix, peak, jetbeam, and a few others.

Protaeus

Enlightened
Um, I think you might want to take a look at the original X1...its got 0 flood and good throw and has a distinct blue tint.

I would just like to know, why do you want a direct drive light?

Also, what do you want to use the flashlights for?

Im pretty sure that there are flashlights out there which will cover your needs.

Umm... a 6 AA flashlight would power a lot more than 5-8 LEDS unless you mean Luxeons....in which case there are various mag mods which will do that also.
Why is it that you want a 6 AA flashlight the size of a Ccell mag?
I rekon that if you gave us an idea of what you wanted to use the light with we could recommend something for you...

Haz

Enlightened

Latest posts