AAA keychain lights

mattyg

Newly Enlightened
I want to get a decent one. What are my options? I've researched the heck out of the super bright incans (built a ROP & Mag85) so I know a bit about flashlights but I haven't really kept up on the small form factor lights. What's out there?

Last edited:

eagle2006

Newly Enlightened
I'm new here, but I've been reading for some time.
I ordered a Fenix L0P. Looks like a good one to add along side my Photon.

prof

Enlightened
Several good possibilities. The decision really depends on your goals and the battery choice.

In the AAA format

with 5mm led
arc
peak

with luxeon
peak
Fenix LOP

There has been a lot of discussion on this lately--try searching on arc and fenix lop.

Personally I selected the arc. It's got 5 hours runtime to 50%, then several more hours moonmode--on a aaa! Very nice light. I use it more than anything else now.

There are lots of 123-based lights also.

What are you looking for?

TENMMIKE

Enlightened
it depends what you want in a light like that , for me the arc-AAA-P is about the best you can get in that size, a great little lite, long run time, the fenix L0P is brighter for a while but the arc crushes it in the long run and in toughness, iv got a arc AAA-P, peak matterhorn, and fenix L0P , i carry the arc the other 2 just sit on shelf

Last edited:

DrizzitT

Newly Enlightened
If its the ONLY light you will be carrying, Arc AAA (durability & runtime), or Peak Matterhorn 1 Led (better tint)

If you have another keychain light, probably L0P. The Arcs runtime will outlast the L0P by a LONG time but some people don't like the blue/yellowish tint.

lebox97

Enlightened
define "decent" - what's your budget?
they can range from $3.50 to $50+

fyi from VT...
1LED1AAA_size2.jpg

Last edited:

bruddamoke

Newly Enlightened
I've had an L0P on my keychain for a while, like it because of the output and tint, runtime not being a big factor for me. I also have a fauxton on my car key (keep it separate from house keys) so I usually have two lights at anytime.

I've got a lithium primary in the L0P, lasted over a month because usage is frequent but only for short run times.

hquan

Enlightened
recently bought my wife an AAA arc p and she loves it. It's very small, tough and bright. The way I see it, she'll probably use this light for at least 5 to 10 years (if not longer). If you break down the cost of owning a quality light over the number of years of reliable service that it will provide, it's a pretty good deal. I carry an HDS U60 on my key chain. It's a bit big, but has come in very handy a number of times.