I killed a spider with my ROP

CLHC

Flashaholic
There have been others who have done what you did. I'm guilty of doing so with my SureFires M3 and M6 with HOLAs and the Mag.11. :huh:

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
You killed it just to see if you could? That's messed up. What goes around comes around.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
most spiders do no harm.

and should be left alone to do their job of ridding us of pain in the arse insects, that can cause a lot of damage to our homes.

regards.

Kryosphinx

Enlightened
I feel pretty bad about it. I shoulda let it go, but it was crawling around in the bathtub.

On the side: Do spiders drown? If I were to flush it down the toilet/drain, would it drown?

CLHC

Flashaholic
I'm sure they would drown. I did watch these "daddy long-legs" hydrate though. Interesting.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
kryosphinx,

It doesn't sound like you killed him to me, it sounds like you cooked him!

I love flashlights... they're fun.

-Goatee

AshA4

Banned
When I see a spider I...

1.Crush it like Conan the Barbarian then demand a woman

2.Throw anything not bolted down at it with my left hand

3.Lay a circle of lighter fluid and play Pink Floyd cd's while I throw matches in it's direction

4.Cover it with a slice of bread to see if it can really lift ten times it's weight....nvm that's something else

5.Quickly make a peanutbutter igloo over it...let it do it's thing if it's got a thing

6.Go watch re-runs of COPS

7.Go fishing with that fly paper hanging stuff

8.Challenge it to a foot race...I always win

9.Take a picture of it and try and sell it on eBay

10.NOW consider frying it with one of my hotwires...then think about hugging a tree

Fredinpa

Newly Enlightened
Did you know that those dadylongs are not spiders but the are in the tick family.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I used to be OK with spiders... until I watched Archnophobia - that movie messed with my head big time. Still, the only bugs I kill are mosquitoes, flies, ticks and other blood sucking critters.

TorchMan

Enlightened
Although I've never done it with a light (not sure I own one that would) I've killed spiders. Usually (inadvertantly) with poison while killing other bugs. Sometimes grabbed them with toilet paper and flushed. I try to let them live. Haven't hugged a tree in a long time, and never on purpose! :grin2:

After seeing what Brown Recluse bites are like, I didn't feel quite as bad about it, though I agree most are beneficial. And out in the country where my friends live, Black Widows abound. I tumped a canoe with other people in it at their place. I was pushing off a tree branch that was leaning in to the water. Hundreds of baby Black Widows (at least I thought that's what they were) began to jump on my hand. I, of course, being the calm collected dude I am, panicked and brushed them off furiously, tilting the canoe in one direction. I then over compensated a swing back in the other, and ta da, instant swim session. We still laugh about that.

Last edited:

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm afraid of spiders myself.. I let my tough-as-nails fiance take care of them for me. She makes the scaries go away :)

thezman

Enlightened
There are like a kazillion bugs for every one of us, I don't think he'll be missed.

For me, it's a boundry issue, nothing in the house that should live outside. :poof:

Sturluson

Enlightened
Spiders are absolutely fine - unless they're in the house. If they're trying to share my environment, they're toast.

I admire spiders in their environment, but get the heeby-jeebies thinking about them crawling on me at night, when I'm asleep.

I like rattlesnakes, too - just not in the house...

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've fried spiders with every hotwire mod I have (many) and don't feel bad about it. If they're in MY house they are DEAD.

Navck

Enlightened
*Can imagine a giant flashlight coming down from the heavens and turning on over someone's house* :ohgeez:

"I think someone decided that our neighbor should stop toasting spiders with his hotwires."

Edit - Commentary, when I first read this topic, at first, I thought someone took a M*g 4D and simply beat it to death, but that was when I only noticed the "I killed" "Spider" "ROP" parts of it. Then I read the "shrivled up" and finnally got the dark humor of this topic.

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Fredinpa said:
Did you know that those dadylongs are not spiders but the are in the tick family.
Greetings and Welcome FredInPa!

I've heard and read about some of these long legged creatures aren't "true" spiders. Also did hear about that "tale" on "tall order", that it possess the most deadliest venom among arachnids.

By the way, careful for those Brown Recluse and Hobo spiders. NOT GOOD to be bitten by them. And speaking about maki-[ing] them spiders—When I was in living in Tres Pinos, the cats would not even mess with the Tarantulas! :huh: But the John Deere sit-down mowers did!

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard that in an avarage life time you will have eaten approx one and a bit spiders during your sleep as they crawl arross your face.:awman:

also for every one spider you find in a room they are twenty others you cannot see. :ohgeez:

sleep well.

regards.