How to go about finding a place to purchase to live?

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
This may seem like common knowledge or something visiting a realestate agent can help, but its more complicated.

Anyway, my parents want to do what I did 7 years ago, but with a twist. They want to own a house, condo in the city with paratransit. I was looking for an apartment in an area with paratransit.

Ive offered to go in half if they can find a duplex, or a lot that allowed trailers or manufactured homes and get 2 2 bedroom units.

Any advice, help? How do you go about finding what cities have paratransit? I know laidlaw handles the richmond area, grtc the busses and the bus handles the paratransit care.

bruddamoke

Newly Enlightened
I don't know what paratransit is, but presume is some transit service specializing in mobility-impaired individuals, i.e. wheelchair or powered scooter users. In any event, a good realtor with knowledge of your preferred area is the best resource to start with. Just be sure to share all your needs upfront, more info is better than less. Other areas to use would be your local Chamber of Commerce, at least for finding their members that provide such service.

Good luck!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i think marta has it cobb thats in atl ga im prety sure cct had it to i live in hall county ga and i think they have it to.man id find it hard to belive and sad if a city didnt have it

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
That sounds like a start. I know it sounds easier than it is, first off the folks need to know what paratransit service is, yes its for disabled folks. Second, we are wide open, we are lookinga t multiple states, just just a community insude a county or city.