flashlightreviews.com hijacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks ok to me, not sure what you are seeing or not seeing. Thanks though I looked at what is new while there and cannot wait to see his new review of the 2 - 6 Cell Maglight Nite eyze LED.

Oh and BTW. I have come to love that site and LED Museum I never buy a flashlight that I dont look up on those sites first to see if it is reviewed.

jimmybrown2

Newly Enlightened
Are you guys all getting a refreshed screen? I mean,... I don't know what I mean. It's just strange you don't see it. I think.

jimmybrown2

Newly Enlightened
chevrofreak said:
Maybe your boss was tired of you looking at flashlights during work and had the IT guy change the host record or DNS for flashlightreviews.com :grin2:

Oh, don't say like that! That's a scary thought.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the news section of Flashlight reviews.com:

Apr 08: Sorry - no reviews done just yet. Instead I have been working to add some protections to the site to prevent the blatent theft of my content. This has been a problem in the past, and I've gotten rather sick of it. You may notice that the right click menu doesn't work on some pages now - sorry for the inconvenience. I've also added .htaccess files to prevent hotlinking to my pictures which drives up my bandwidth usage and potentially the associated costs.

My guess is that you are somehow triggering the new protection when you try to access the site from work. After all the screen shot repeatedly says:

This dishonest person is hotlinking to pictures on FlashlightReviews.com !!!

They've probably taken other content without permission.

Please report them to the site administrators or ISP !!!

Last edited:

JT

Newly Enlightened
What I see in multiple tiled images. I believe that I know what those images are. An Ebay seller linked images of a River Rock LED headlamp to those on a review of the same on flashlightreviews.com. This included direct copies of the review html text. Flashlightreview changed things so the that auction linked to that yellow image that stated the images were stolen along with possibly other auction content. Why one person is seeing it and no one else including myself I don't know. I was going to link to that auction but I can't seem to find it now. Perhaps it was pulled.

Juan

JT

Newly Enlightened
I searched around a bit and the offending Ebay auctions are gone. I tend to think the seller pulled them as they had linked multiple images to flashlightreviews.com and when those images were replaced with the yellow signs much of the auction was yellow. The seller had at least 15 of these headlamps posted. They were not in the typical auction section but at the bottom of the search listings where Ebay lists items from Ebay Stores as straight purchases. Good work flashlightreviews.com. Not only was it wrong to steal your content but it cost you some bandwidth.

Juan

Status
Not open for further replies.