ever think a suicide?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
please no i aint going to do it. i have no plans to do it my faith says it a bad thing.but i tryied it before.didnt work just woke up in hopsital .but i wonder if there other who think of it?i think of it a lot and i know im not happy but i push on thinking tomorow will be beter .and i think it will be .so my question is do any of ya think of it?

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
raggie, dude you ever wonder if you might have depression? If you havent been tested for it please do, it can be treated. You are a nice guy, and damn funny, please get it checked guy, talk to someone so we dont lose you. PLease.

Vbeez

Enlightened
Don't even think about it ! Only chicken suicide.
Ever think what happen after life if you suicide ?

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know all of Raggie's details, but his problems are many and varied.

Dude, if you are seriously thinking about it again get some help now. To quote a movie, "dying's no way to make a living." Don't let it come to that.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie-

I've had some experience with that sorta thing. I'll not discuss any of it here, but if you're interested, shoot me a PM.

Cheers. :buddies:

Skyclad01

Enlightened
raggie33 said:
please no i aint going to do it. i have no plans to do it my faith says it a bad thing.but i tryied it before.didnt work just woke up in hopsital .but i wonder if there other who think of it?i think of it a lot and i know im not happy but i push on thinking tomorow will be beter .and i think it will be .so my question is do any of ya think of it?

Though its something I would never do, I have though about it. The different ways of how it would be done... The affect it would have on those around me. Just all the general stuff. Again, I must state again that its something I would never do, its just running scenerios in my mind is all. Something in the lines of as if I were directing a horror movie.

Sturluson

Enlightened
Raggie, I'm new here. I don't know you very well. I just went back and read the last 400 posts you made, because I wanted to know you better.

You are a GREAT GUY. Talking about, or thinking about suicide is really dumb. If you need help, then ask your sister or your dad. You give a lot to this place, and we want you to KEEP GIVING.

Think about Spring. Think about CPU's and OS's and motherboards. Think about mountain lions and bears. Think about LEDs and HIDs. Think about the flowers that are blooming and the ones yet to bloom. Don't think about suicide. Think about your friends here, and the fun you have here, and the fun you bring to this place...

chumley

Enlightened
Raggie! Don't even think about it! One of my best friends committed suicide 30 years ago and it devistated me, not to mention his family.

I sometimes feel a bit depressed, but I never want to go out that way. My dog helps keep me sane, she helps me focus on other things besides just my problems.

Life is too precious to give up for temporary problems. Good Luck.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i think of things but i wont do it.id win the lottory the next day lol .

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use to think of it as a solution to all my problems. Then I heard a show on the art bell show about this guy who speaks to souls about someone who died. He committed suicide and his soul was horrified as to not be able to return to his body and was stuck between heaven/hell and earth.

Man, what could be worse than to rome around like a ghost forever unable to interact with almost no one and stuff.

Topper

Flashaholic*
My Grandpa Warren on my mothers side committed suicide the day family members decided to "pull the plug" on my Granny Jewel. She was "Brain dead" and had been for a couple weeks. That was on our 20 year Wedding Anniversary. The wife and I mostly do not even acknowledge anniversaries anymore. We talk about it sometimes before and sometimes after but we do not exchange gifts. We have one coming up on the 19'th. My younger brother attempted suicide. He shot himself in the head. He is now in a wheel chair very limited use of his left arm and super drugged out from Medical Doctors and Mental Doctors giving him so many drugs, Tray must be close to 300 pounds 43 years old. So I for one am not for that ever. The question was did you ever think about it. Yes I have many times in my younger "lawless" years but I am older now and maybe a little smarter (that could be debated) I figure I have a 100% chance of not doing that even if it "runs in the family". I have had more than one person tell me that. A little old lady that knows deep dark secrets about my Great Grandparents and heard "rumors" about my Great Great Grandparents (see it's always the Mom's side that is FUBAR (thats a joke sort of)) whatever (My Dad's side has a wee bit of "me or them syndrome) you know," better them than me." I bore myself at times. But will admit I am sure suicide is not a good thing.
Topper :)

jhereg

Enlightened
I've been there and it wasn't pleasant. I am generally a happy & optimistic person, but due to the verbal/emotional abuse towards the end of my marriage I found myself looking for any way to make the pain stop. I had lost my self esteem and hated my life. Finally I spent 3/4 of one night staring down the muzzle of a loaded Glock 29. My decision was that I am not the kind of person who would do that, and that it is a cowards way out. It hurts your friends and family. For me I spent some time trying to convince my wife things had to change. She told me things were not going to change. I flailed around a bit trying to save myself, made a few mistakes & we got a divorce. Fast forward a couple of years & my finances suck, and I miss having a partner, but I'm happy & look forward to life. I've gone through the absolutely worst time of my life, and things still are not great, but I will make it better through hard work & force of will. Just remember that no matter how bad things seem, they can and well get better. Make the best of difficult times & make yourself a stronger & better person.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
When I was 16 or so, I read somewhere (won't say where) that committing suicide is a severe no-no that would absolutely forbid your acceptance to heaven, even if you did everything else necessary to do so. I'm not a very religious person, but killing oneself isn't the way to go, trust me.

Navck

Enlightened
I've been diagnosed with depression(+A lot of other things) since 2nd grade, and had 20ish attempts, most of them in elementry school due to repeative bullying. Now I just want to chuck a rock into the faces of those kids who made every day of my existance suck.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
raggie: Yeah. It has gone through my mind many times before. It has however, been a comforting thought more than anything else. The idea of getting away from it all and having a means of escape from the s**t of life gave me relief. The thoughts were however, never accompanied by action though I must admit, the small possability of action existed.

My thoughts of suicide automatically came to an abrupt end last October when my brother was killed in an accident. After going through all the politics of identifying the body, making funeral arrangements dealing with the wake and seeing what my mother had to go through, I decided at that point that me taking my own life would cause too much trouble and pain for those who were still alive. I couldn't put my mother through that crap again. It just didn't make sense.

In an undepressed state, it's obvious that suicide is selfish and it's totally unfair to the people who care about us. It also shows a certain degree of weakness of an individual to cope with life's rough spots. That can change if the individual is willing to change. It may take a while but, can happen.

mckevin

Enlightened
Yep, I think of suicide a lot since my brother-in-law shot himself a little over a year ago.
I think of his wife (my sister) trying every day to redefine what "normal" life is. I think of his 3 kids struggling with whether or not it was their fault, if he really loved them, how he could do it to them. I think of how every Christmas, Easter, birthday, and anniversary is forever diminished because of his selfish decision.
I think about it, and I get angry because he chose such a permanent "solution" for temporary problems.
Leaving the religous aspect out, it is a selfish and cowardly act that is devastating to the lives of the people you profess to care about.
This one hit close...

colubrid

Enlightened
I could never do it for two reasons.

1) One is (like you Raggie), my faith does not allow it. I think that whatever happens God will take us out in His time. Even if there is sufferning involved I know that God knows whats best for me rather than what I think. There are some things we just have to walk through in this life.

2) The second reason I would never do it is because I am chicken :sweat: