Drop in Mag Solitaire LED?

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
In there a reasonably priced drop in LED conversion for the AAA Solitaire yet? i just got a couple copper solitaires for $1.24

InfidelCastro

Banned
http://led-replacement.com/lt-3.html

Is this for real??? Wow, looks cool. First drop-in Solitaire mod I've ever seen. Running off of a AAA you would think you would get alot more than the advertised 3-4 hours between battery changes. More like 30???

Is this a 3mm or 5mm LED? Must be 3mm since it says it uses the Mag's own reflector.

randyo

Enlightened
I have an LT-3. I'm not all that impressed, although it is better than the original incandescent. Its size also limits the Solitaire's head travel (because it's thick). When fully seated, the head is not only a couple of twists away from coming off. When I receive my modded ARC-AAA 3/4 Luxeon from MillerMods, I'm going to attempt to capture some beam shots, and I will include the Solitaire/LT-3 combination.

InfidelCastro

Banned
ACMarina said:
The LT3 is quite a bit nicer than the standard bulb..at least IMO..

The incandescent of the Solitaire will throw across a large room (a Senate chamber). I rather doubt any 3mm LED in existence can do this. If you're talking up close flood beam, then I wouldn't doubt that the LED is better.

Me Too

Newly Enlightened
CHC said:
Try LED-Replacement.Com—

Yep thats where I got my upgrade. I got my light just a few days after ordering it. I would have got is sooner but I placed my order on the weekend. They ship very fast.

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've replaced an LED before the first battery in the flashlight ran out, a couple of times lately.
This is either progress, or madness, I'm not sure which.

I'm also eagerly waiting for Lambda's Solitaire LED.

Bozzlite

Enlightened
The LT-3 that I got from led-replacement was a huge improvement over the stock incand bulb. But it had a large donut hole in the beam until I modified the reflector a bit so that the LED would travel farther up into it.

Now it has no donut hole and a pretty darn good throw. Still have the problem of the head only screwing on to the body about 2 turns tho.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Phaserburn said:
Where is that Lambda Solitaire drop in? Waiting...[/QUOTE

Any day I hear, and will cost less then the LT-3,and with a SMJLED, should be pretty darn bright. Plus it will fit the bezel/switch mch better. VDG

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
voodoogreg said:
Phaserburn said:
Where is that Lambda Solitaire drop in? Waiting...[/QUOTE

Any day I hear, and will cost less then the LT-3,and with a SMJLED, should be pretty darn bright. Plus it will fit the bezel/switch mch better. VDG

VDG, this is heard from where...?

schrenz

Enlightened
Rando said:
CPF: The only place where people will buy a $23 bulb for a $1.24 light!:lolsign:
The only place where people work 5hours on a solitaire to put it in by themselves:lolsign:

Maro

Newly Enlightened
I bought FluPIC of $20.00, TX0H of $12.00, 14500, and a charger for MINIMAG 2AA of $8.00.
Rando said:
CPF: The only place where people will buy a $23 bulb for a $1.24 light!:lolsign:

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Phaserburn said:
voodoogreg said:
VDG, this is heard from where...?

Deep throat? :whistle: I knew someone would ask that. a CPF brother that is very close to the project. He has posted several times about it on
Soli threads of late, and I being into soli's have stayed in touch to see how thing's are proceeding. He'a not shy talking about the drop in info and I would imagine
he will be by soon to give a report. till then, o'merta` :sssh: VDG

Last edited: