Can anyone recommend a good forwarding service?

PDS

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

As the title says: Can anyone recommend a good package forwarding service from the US to the rest of the world?

I´ve searched the net and there are alot of them, but they all have some sort of annually or monthly fee, setup fee etc.

There must be some company that provides a simple service i.e. I order som stuff and c/o it to them, they puts a customs form on it and charge me the shipping + handling fee... Right?

So if someone out there knows of such a provider please let me know.

Best regards

Daniel S

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a guy named Michael Hoy who owns his own quasi-underground publishing house named Loompanics. Among some other very odd titles he used to write a world wide directory of forewarding services. It was very thorough and and even fun to read. The last time I was on the Loompanics site I didn't see the directory but I wasn't looking for it, either.

I would try Loompanics and if you don't see one I would try to contact Hoy by email and ask him what is available.

MrMimizu

Enlightened
I'm using www.shopthestates.com
they havedifferent levels of service.

You can pay a monthly fee ($20 I think it was) and ship as many items asyou like or if you are like me and ship infrequently, you can pay $5.95 for each package that you have forwarded.

I get an email when they receive a package and I can wait for other packages to arrive and ship them together or reply right away to have them quote me prices for shipping. You don't realy get to choose any shipping method.
3 choices.. express, air, surface or something like that.
It's worked pretty nicely for me so far.
I just paypal them the money and then the ship it out. If you go express they will email you the tracking number as well.

PDS

Newly Enlightened
Thank you guys.

I tried the Loompanics but couldn´t find what I was looking for. But shopthestates seems to be just what I´m looking for.

Again, thank you

Best regards

Daniel S