• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 12AA in 3D M*g rechargeable by Fivemega

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
[SIZE=+5]
CLOSED
[/SIZE]

12x1650001.jpg~original

1DMg008.jpg~original

Hi folks,
here are some new toys for you.
These 3D M*gs are bored out in 4 slots inside to accomodate 12AA cells in special low resistance battery holder with built in charging jack.
These battery holder will only fit in heavily bored out M*gs.
All 12AA cells are connected in series for total voltage of 14.4 volt (12x1.2V)
You can use any capacity of uniform AA consumer or high rate CBP1650 loose cells.
I do not offer any bulb for these flashlights since everybody may have different use or project for.
Comes in 4 colors of Black, Pewter, Red and blue
Gray HA type III also is available with grooved head.
All inside bored out 3D m*g flashlights come with battery holder and no other special item is included.
Price:
Black, pewter, red and blue $95 (NO MORE LEFT)
Gray HA type III with grooved head $135 (NO MORE LEFT)
12AA to 3D extra battery holder $45 shipped to USA or international. (NOT AVAILABLE)
Dual function reflector $25 each
Boro lens $5.50 (NOT AVAILABLE)
Shipping:
$10 to States for 1 or 2 flashlights
$20 internationaly for each flashlight
It is [SIZE=+1]Necessary[/SIZE] to choose your own available color and option, post here and detail in paypal.
Paypal: DO NOT PAY
Please PM me for other type of payment.
-------------------------
#1 Black Luman paid shipped
#2 Black Killer Kane paid shipped
#3 Black PGP paid shipped
#4 Black brough paid shipped
#5 Black rdh226 paid shipped
#1 Pewter jefft paid shipped
#2 Pewter David1 paid shipped
#3 Pewter juancho paid shipped
#4 Pewter rdh226 paid shipped
#5 Pewter juancho paid shipped
#1 Red maxhawk paid and shipped
#2 Red Bob_G paid shipped
#3 Red fernando paid shipped
#1 Blue Starlight paid shipped
#2 Blue pertinax paid shipped
#3 Blue k-2 paid shipped
#4 Blue 91101 paid shipped
#5 Blue zehnmm paid shipped
#6 Blue Tritium paid shipped
#1 Gray HA grooved Luman paid shipped
#2 Gray HA grooved DFiorentino paid shipped
#3 Gray HA grooved Nabors paid shipped
#4 Gray HA grooved phips paid shipped
#5 Gray HA grooved therisensun paid shipped
#6 Gray HA grooved ths11 paid shipped
#7 Gray HA grooved Shaocaholica paid shipped
#8 Gray HA grooved elnino paid shipped
#9 Gray HA grooved senorcosas paid shipped
#10 Gray HA grooved k-2 paid shipped
#11 Gray HA grooved cnjl3 paid shipped
#12 Gray HA grooved Bob_G paid shipped
#13 Gray HA grooved (NOT EXISTED)
#14 Gray HA grooved Flashing-Bernie paid shipped
#15 Gray HA grooved bobbo paid shipped
#16 Gray HA grooved daBear paid shipped
#17 Gray HA grooved quantile paid shipped
#18 Gray HA grooved darmawaa paid shipped
#19 Gray HA grooved maddog paid shipped
Any comment welcome

Last edited:

Luman

Newly Enlightened
I'll take
#1 Black and
#1 Gray HA type III with grooved head

PM sent about combining orders.

:paypal:

Thanks,
John

Last edited:

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take #2 Gray HA type III with grooved head $135

-DF

Last edited:

pertinax

Enlightened
I'll take Blue number 2, and one dual-purpose HS reflector.

That should be $95 + $25 + $10 = $130.

Pay-Pal on the way... Feel free to ship with the black extended bezel and reflector I ordered a couple of days ago, if that hasn't already shipped. More money for you...

One question: Is there any chance A sized batteries would (or can be made to) fit?

Pertinax

Last edited:

phips

Newly Enlightened
Hi fivemega!
I will take #4 Gray HA III; 155$ with int. shipping
Really nice item!

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
pertinax said:
Is there any chance A sized batteries would (or can be made to) fit?
Pertinax

Only 3 A size cells will fit accross in bored out M*g "D" like this

No matter how you bore, there is no way to accomodate 4 A cells accross in M*g "D"

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
sweeet.. prestomatic Mag138s.. get your hotdriver and pop it in.. sweetness.. no monkrying around to make the battery pack.. a 'drop in' bulb is the 64623.. no regulation required.. with regulation.. the 64610 is absolutely gorgeous! and of course the 'USL' bulb the 62138.

Thanks again FiveMega for a nice host.

-awr

Shaocaholica

Enlightened
Im interested in the HAIII grooved head but I don't know much are Mag mods. Aside from not having any bulbs, what other parts/machining do I need to do in order to have a working light? I've read about the performance of the ROP and WA 1185 but whats a 64623 and 64610? Why is the 64610 so great with regulation?

Also, what kind of charger is recommended for charging the pack?

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
most of those really high-end lamps.. if you want them to rock your world.. they are so close to blowing at the voltage levels we drive them.. that you have an extreme compromise.. you either have to under-drive them so that they won't blow when the batteries are fresh.. or you have to wait a long time after charging before using the light.. lamps like the 1331 and the 64625 are very touchy.. the 64610.. won't run direct-drive from 14.4V pack.. but so far i've tested it at 13.2 and it's incredible.. hence.. with regulation.. gorgeous.. w/o regulation.. the best you can hope for is running from 11 cells and crossing your fingers it doesn't blow.

This deal would work great with 11 cells and a dummy to copy the USL structure without a regulator btw. I personally would get a charger from batteryspace.com

-awr

phips

Newly Enlightened
andrewwynn said:
most of those really high-end lamps.. if you want them to rock your world.. they are so close to blowing at the voltage levels we drive them.. that you have an extreme compromise.. you either have to under-drive them so that they won't blow when the batteries are fresh.. or you have to wait a long time after charging before using the light.. lamps like the 1331 and the 64625 are very touchy.. the 64610.. won't run direct-drive from 14.4V pack.. but so far i've tested it at 13.2 and it's incredible.. hence.. with regulation.. gorgeous.. w/o regulation.. the best you can hope for is running from 11 cells and crossing your fingers it doesn't blow.
WOW, that sounds great!
Where can I buy one of those?
Oh ... you are selling them, I see. ;P

All joking aside I think I am really going to buy one of your hotdrivers for this Mag.
Is there a 50W bulb which you would recommend for this setup?
Right now I am using a 1185 bulb with 9AA which I really like but a little more brightness with the same efficiency would be great.

As an alternative I was thinking about putting a 10W HID in but I don't really know anything about this (lots of stuff waiting to be read...).

fivemega: Could you please use a drill to scrape off a bit of the anodizing where the switch-screw connects to the tube?
I want to flatten the screw to make the electrical resitance as low as possible.

therisensun

Newly Enlightened
1 x Gray HA type III #5 with grooved head $135
1 x Dual function SMO reflector $25
1 x Boro lens $5.50
Shipping: $10

Total = $175.50

Fivemega,

Would extra battery holders be available?

Thanks,
Max

Last edited:

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
phips.. the 64610 is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! it's whiter than the 62138.. it has a bit more flood to it, which for most purposes is much more useful.. a decent beam with not much artifacts.. works exceptionally well in the 2" deep fivemega reflector as well!

You will require a hotdriver to mate the 64610 with 12AA.. it will blow for sure w/o it. The hotdriver set for 13.2V will directly swap between the 62138 and the 64610.. (half the power, double the runtime!).

On our high-power lights i do recommend what phips said.. to drill through the hole to make a bigger contact patch.. and to flatten just the point of the ground contact screw.

-awr

cyberhobo

Enlightened
What is the typical run time with the 64610 using 1650's?

andrewwynn said:
phips.. the 64610 is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! it's whiter than the 62138.. it has a bit more flood to it, which for most purposes is much more useful.. a decent beam with not much artifacts.. works exceptionally well in the 2" deep fivemega reflector as well!

You will require a hotdriver to mate the 64610 with 12AA.. it will blow for sure w/o it. The hotdriver set for 13.2V will directly swap between the 62138 and the 64610.. (half the power, double the runtime!).

On our high-power lights i do recommend what phips said.. to drill through the hole to make a bigger contact patch.. and to flatten just the point of the ground contact screw.

-awr

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
i forget the exact current draw.. maybe 4.2A.. and the 1650s should be called '1400s'.. so divide 1.4AH by 4.2A.. you get exactly 20 minutes. Compare that with 9 for the 62138.

-awr

phips

Newly Enlightened
The 64610 bulb sounds just right andrew!
Now I really have to order one of your hotdrivers ;)

fivemega: Sorry to bother you again but mixed up 'grooved head' with the spiral ones you were doing in another sale.
I will paypal you additional 15$ for this upgrade.

Starlight

Enlightened
Please add a medium orange peel reflector and a borofloat lens to my order. Paypal for $30.50 being sent.