Gladius Mode Question

UncleFlash

Newly Enlightened
Received my Gladius today. I can tell that it is going to be one of my favorite lights. I reprogrammed it to be in Mode II when in channel 3 instead of the factory default of Mode I. I was just curious what Mode in Channel 3 works best for other Gladius owners? Like I said, Mode II (Auto brighten from the lowest power level to full power) works best for my needs. Thanks in advance.

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep mine in memory mode.

I would have it as you have (dim to bright) except that I sometimes turn the light off and on in use and don't want to ramp back up to where I had it. I almost always want to use it in on the dimmer end of its adjustment though.

A nice aspect to the beam is that you actually can see quite a bit when it is on its lowest setting. Not alot of spill, but you can see a good distance and can illuminate things reasonably brightly up close. A lot of "bang for the buck" so to speak regarding illumination and battery life on low.

It is a great light. I guess you'd call it my secondary EDC. My McLuxIII-PD stays clipped to my pants pocket, but my Gladius stays in my jacket pocket.

Scott

TENMMIKE

Enlightened
i keep mine in default, i did use mode 2 for awhile but returned to default , however , right this moment im gonna change to memory for a few days and see how i like that.,its my favorite light, thats for sure.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use memory mode and a setting about 1/2 way between brightest and low.

If I need more light I just switch to full ouput momentary.

The Gladius is so versatile it stomps most other lights.

atm

Enlightened
I also use mode 2, the lowest output is enough for most tasks I need it for with dark adapted vision, and 400 hours runtime makes it incredibly economical to run. More light, be it a little or a lot, is immediately available should I need it.

Andrew

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another memory mode (mode 3 ) guy here. I usually set it at the lower end, about 1/3.