Send-A-Brick to Congress!!!

Bogie

Enlightened
The Send-A-Brick Project was born on AR15.com In response to the protests throughout the country & as a way to show our repersentives how we feel. Emails/letters can be ignored but what happnens whan a few thousand bricks shw up ?

Send a Brick

drizzle

Enlightened
magic79 said:
The "send a brick" link takes me to "parked by godaddy"
Funny, not me. I get a web page. It must be real new and the name server changes haven't propagated to you yet.

drizzle

Enlightened
I wonder if you ever get "Business Reply Mail", "No Postage Required" type mail from your congressman. (Personally I wouldn't know as it goes right into the recycle.) If so, you could use the trick I've seen elsewhere on the internet to send the brick and charge the congressman to do it. :)

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
drizzle said:
I wonder if you ever get "Business Reply Mail", "No Postage Required" type mail from your congressman. (Personally I wouldn't know as it goes right into the recycle.) If so, you could use the trick I've seen elsewhere on the internet to send the brick and charge the congressman to do it.
smile.gif

While funny I think it 1.) may be illegal and 2.) we would end up paying for it, congress doesn't get their money from the money fairy.
tongue.gif

drizzle

Enlightened
Beamhead said:
While funny I think it 1.) may be illegal and 2.) we would end up paying for it, congress doesn't get their money from the money fairy.
tongue.gif
Well, I've only read about it on the internet so take that for what it's worth but the way it's described it sounds legal.

As for us paying for it, I thought of that and figured that if it was campaign mail it should come out of the campaign funds instead of our tax dollars.

Still, I guess it's one of those things that's better to talk about doing than to actually do. :)

Bogie

Enlightened
Well using the USPS Red Priority Mail Flat rate envelope wrap the brick in somthing so it wont tare the packaging cost was $4.05 for shipping + the .53 cents each for my bricks. For under $10.00 bucks i can make a noviolent poltical point :rant:

cosine

Newly Enlightened
It's really funny how fast this idea spread all over the internet. :bumpit:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder how many of these packages they will flag as dangerous (might be a bomb)....
Not sure if it's the best way to protest, but at least it is a protest trying to get something done!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
if ya want feel free to send me bricks ill build me a house with em:)

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's one of the most bizarre, un-American ideas I've ever heard.....

- A security wall along the entire southern border
- Better technology for customs and border operations
- More funding and personnel for our Border Patrol
- An overall increased security presence on our southern border.

Just the southern border? Why not the northern border so we can keep out the Canadians? And while we're at it, let's seal off both coasts in case someone tries to sneak in by boat. Yeah, let's put up a big wall like the Russians did in Germany, nobody gets in or out. They should have thought of this a couple of centuries ago when our impoverished ancestors showed up.

That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!