Flashlight Tour of USS Hornet Saturday April 15 (Oakland CA)!

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at the USS Hornet Museum web site just now and ran accross this flashlight event!

Saturday, April 15, 2006 – Flashlight Tour
Beat the crowds and explore areas onboard HORNET that have not yet been opened to the public. Tour begins at 8:30am and costs $35 per person. Information and Reservations: (510) 521-8448 x 282
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Beat the crowds and receive a special tour of areas onboard HORNET that have not yet been opened to the public or have limited access during the day:
[/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
bullet.gif
Combat Information Center (CIC)
bullet.gif
Message Center (Radio Central)
bullet.gif
Forward Diesel Machine Room
bullet.gif
Ship's Main Laundry
bullet.gif
Special Weapons Storage
bullet.gif
Brig
bullet.gif
Catapult Machinery Room
bullet.gif
[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ship's Main Laundry
bullet.gif
Cobbler Shop
bullet.gif
Dental Spaces
[/font]

Also:

Saturday, April 15, 2006 – Living Ship Day: Doolittle Raid
See the aircraft carrier in action! Witness simulated flight operations as aircraft are lifted to the flight deck and placed into launch position; participate in mission briefings; meet former crew; sit in the cockpit of a fighter jet! Special exhibits will pay tribute to Jimmy Doolittle and the famous mission that began here at NAS Alameda. A program at 1:00 pm will feature Oral Moore, rear seat gunner onboard the USS Hornet CV-8 the night the B-25 bombers were loaded, and Andy Popenoe, President of the Jimmy Doolittle Air and Space Museum's board of directors and a retired chief master sergeant. (More info)

And, now that I have your attention, the fashlight tour is repeated every few months or so...:

Saturday, May 20, 2006 – Flashlight Tour
Beat the crowds and explore areas onboard HORNET that have not yet been opened to the public. Tour begins at 8:30am and costs $35 per person. Information and Reservations: (510) 521-8448 x 282

I probably won't make the flashlight tour--but I and the family may be there this Saturday.

-Bill

Latest posts