Took some comparison photos today, with Fire Fly 3:)

Whitelitee

Newly Enlightened
I will post alot more, and outdoor pics later. Here ya go,

Sorry for not listing the lights. From smallest to largest, RCR123, Dspeck Fire Fly3, Fenix L1p with new battery, and last a 2D maglight on pretty new batteries. Soon to be ROP:)

and,

I love the FF3 :) .

Last edited:

Whitelitee

Newly Enlightened
Re: Took a couple of comparison photos today:)

Last edited:

magic79

Enlightened
Re: Took a some of comparison photos today, with FF3:)

How about a caption so we know exactly what we're looking at? I can tell the middle one is a Fenix, but not sure if that's a standard Mag or modified, and not sure about the one on the left.

Thanks!

Whitelitee

Newly Enlightened

magic79 said:
How about a caption so we know exactly what we're looking at? I can tell the middle one is a Fenix, but not sure if that's a standard Mag or modified, and not sure about the one on the left.

Thanks!
:ohgeez: Sorry..

Leef

Enlightened

How does the FF3 compare with the FF2 in terms of output?

Whitelitee

Newly Enlightened

Leef said:
How does the FF3 compare with the FF2 in terms of output?

no clue, but its damn bright.:huh:

Whitelitee

Newly Enlightened

Ya thoese just look cool, I will do much better pics later on.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm little surprised that more people aren't going nuts over this light. I believe this is one of the most amazing lights you can buy now. In my view the FF III has the right combination of features and characteristics that CPFers like.

Size - much smaller then a HDS and some people would consider key chaining.
Multi mode - Twenty possible brightness levels with strobe and SOS
Battery - uses a R123 protected but can also use 123a. You want believe this light can use these batteries when you look at the size of the light
Quality - HAIII and workmanship simply second to none
Beam - Very bright and white with good throw and side spill. The light is as bright if not brighter then my HDS 60 XRGT
Run time - No hard facts on this aspect but being multi level and using Li-ion 3.6v 750mah it should be very good especially on the lower levels.
Price - Given all of the above it's very reasonable.

This light has quickly become one of my favorite lights. The main reason is because of size with all of the features listed above. I can put this light in my front pocket and not even know it is there. I have no regrets in buying this light and am holding myself back from buying another one.

I would be interested in knowing why people who have seriously considered buy this light haven't yet or if you did buy this light if you have any regrets.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lebkuecher said:
I'm little surprised that more people aren't going nuts over this light. I believe this is one of the most amazing lights you can buy now. In my view the FF III has the right combination of features and characteristics that CPFers like.

I would be interested in knowing why people who have seriously considered buy this light haven't yet or if you did buy this light if you have any regrets.

Agree with you 100% about the FF3 :thumbsup:
The only thing I can think of is fear of the twistie switch. Since I was going for the FF3 as a keychain EDC, damn the torpedoes... I was going to learn the sequence. After a day or two, it became second nature. Many people prefer a clickie but to me the twistie is better for a commonly used light. At least I don't have to worry if my switch will fail... no switch so no failures. KISS principle
My regret in buying the FF3 was I did not pre-order it. Better late than never.

Whitelitee

Newly Enlightened

Lebkuecher said:
Size - much smaller then a HDS and some people would consider key chaining.
Multi mode - Twenty possible brightness levels with strobe and SOS
Battery - uses a R123 protected but can also use 123a. You want believe this light can use these batteries when you look at the size of the light
Quality - HAIII and workmanship simply second to none
Beam - Very bright and white with good throw and side spill. The light is as bright if not brighter then my HDS 60 XRGT
Run time - No hard facts on this aspect but being multi level and using Li-ion 3.6v 750mah it should be very good especially on the lower levels.
Price - Given all of the above it's very reasonable.

This light has quickly become one of my favorite lights. The main reason is because of size with all of the features listed above. I can put this light in my front pocket and not even know it is there. I have no regrets in buying this light and am holding myself back from buying another one.

QUOTE]

Agreed, and it has an adjustable strobe witch the HDS does not.:rock:

Leef

Enlightened
"Whitelight, are you slightly glad to see me, or is that a FF3 in your pocket?" Mae.

crackup.gif

Latest posts