4 c cells in 3d mag w/ nite ize?

qazxsw

Newly Enlightened
I just got a night ize bulb for my 3d mag and Im extremly dissapointed with it. I was wondering if I used 4 c cells in it if it would it would work without killing the bulb?

Any help would be appreciated.

Truezach

Newly Enlightened
I also bought one of these suckers, and boy am I disappointed also. This thing is crap to me. The Arc AAA puts out more light than this on one AAA. Whats the deal. This thing blows.

lhivernant

Newly Enlightened
Haven't tried it with 4 cells myself, but I'm guessing the output won't really change. It won't kill the led since Nite Ize says its good for 2 to 6 cells.

Joel

jbg23

Newly Enlightened
man I wish I would have seen this thread before I went and spent money on mine. I have it in a 4d mag and it is pretty dim. I guess it would make a good emergency/power outage light though. Package says 120 hours run time.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since it's rated for up to 6 cells, it shouldn't be a problem, but I don't think it's going to help it any. I think some people's expectations (including mine) for this single LED may have been too high. Perhaps there were some expectations that this would be a Luxeon (I did :) ).

qazxsw said:
I just got a night ize bulb for my 3d mag and Im extremly dissapointed with it. I was wondering if I used 4 c cells in it if it would it would work without killing the bulb?

Any help would be appreciated.

Me Too

Newly Enlightened
Will they work in a 2AA flashlight
icon5.gif

lhivernant

Newly Enlightened
Me Too said:
Will they work in a 2AA flashlight
icon5.gif
Electrically speaking, yes. It should work in any light with a pr base bulb between 3V and 9V. If it isn't focusable you may have an ugly beam, though.

Joel