what other lights come in the same size & output of SF M3 or M4?

mega_lumens

Enlightened
I'm looking to get a new light other than SF, but that come in somewhat the same size and output as the M3 or M4 lights?

What would you recommend?

thanks.

mdocod

Flashaholic
pretty sure Pila has a "550 lumen" 12V tactical light out now... Not sure if the "Pila Lumen" Compares to the "Surefire Lumen" .. but it will undoubtedly be a brilliant bright light in the same leage of output(or brighter)... (is similar to M4 in size from my understanding).

Flakey

Enlightened
Build an Rop 2c. The thing is about the same size as a M4 But it will put out 550 lumens for 20 minutes VS the 350L for 20 minutes that you would get from an M4. and it should cost less than $100. That is IF and only IF you know how to properly use and handle unprotected Lithium Ion cells.

mega_lumens

Enlightened
Thanks for the info, and I don't know anything about electronics or flashlights, so I need something that works without all the rocket science. lol

Also forgot to say that I want the light to last in the range of 50 or 60 mins on 225 lumens minimum, like in the M4.

rikvee

Enlightened
Hi mega lumens, welcome to CPF, where everything becomes lighter, especially your wallet..... :caution:

- Surefire M3 (medium range 3-cell) equivalent: the 9AX Raider
- Surefire M3T (long throw 3-cell) equivalent: the 9DX Raider
- A unique adjustable focus 3-cell light: the 3AX Eagle
- A medium range 4-cell light (comparable to an M3 head on an M4 body): the M90X Rattlesnake
- Surefire M4 (long throw 4-cell) equivalent: the
100X Rattlesnake

For an off-the shelf alternative to the whole Surefire range, Wolf-Eyes are spot on! :D

Last edited: