Anyone tried Xenon Star bulbs by Carley?

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
They make some impressive claims here, but I didn't find any comments on them in any recent posts. I'm just wondering whether they're any good.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I use them exclusively in my 2 and 3 D cell Maglites.I believe they live up to the company's claims.When focused to a bright spot, my 3 D-cell can project a pretty good distance.Very bright.
troy

Darell

Flashaholic
Hmmm. Where are you buying them? I've got a couple of 3-D Mags that could use a tune-up (seeing as how my E2 blows the doors off 'em now).

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by darell:
Hmmm. Where are you buying them? I've got a couple of 3-D Mags that could use a tune-up (seeing as how my E2 blows the doors off 'em now).
++++++++++
Hey Darell, did you get the E2? Last post I read, you were still waiting on it. Don't forget it has a home when you get tired of it. I'll even pay transportation charges.
icon_smile_lachuh.gif
TX

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The bulbs I have were given to me by the late,great Dr.Walt Welch.CPF member and all around good guy.He was always giving these bulbs away to people online.He never accepted payment and considered giving them to people a kind of public service.I think he ordered them directly from Carley.I believe they have a $50 minimum order policy.
I miss you Dr. Walt.
troy

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Troy Webber:
The bulbs I have were given to me by the late,great Dr.Walt Welch.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh... these were THOSE bulbs. Thanks. Sounds like maybe we need to get a group-buy together or something.

Al

Enlightened
Haven't tried lamps by Carley, but someone somewhere on CPF mentioned using a RS XPR102 xenon (designed for 2 D's / C's) in a 3D Mag, so I tried it ... very bright/white and satisfyingly focusable.Yes, it won't last as long, being over driven but the lamp is rated "avg life 36 hrs." on the back of the package which is twice that of a comparable krypton lamp, so who knows?

Empath

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Al:
Haven't tried lamps by Carley, but someone somewhere on CPF mentioned using a RS XPR102 xenon (designed for 2 D's / C's) in a 3D Mag, so I tried it ... very bright/white and satisfyingly focusable.Yes, it won't last as long, being over driven but the lamp is rated "avg life 36 hrs." on the back of the package which is twice that of a comparable krypton lamp, so who knows?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They'll probably still outlive Surefire bulbs; and they only cost a couple of dollars.