3x C2/123 cells MMAG...?

bl4kkat

Newly Enlightened
hey ppl juss thought this up at work...

is it possible to fit 3x C2/123 cells in a mini maglight? seeing as how these cells are half the size of AA battery perhaps even 4 cells?

then making some sort of battery holder so that they'd be placed in series to keep then at the 3v and not 9v

if that doesnt work will boring out the tube do the trick?

and while we're at it how about throwing in a SMJLED

i just want to hear everyones input before i go any further in modding my brothers mini mag :)

thanx in advance

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
2AA minimag cannot fit 123's and there is not enough metal to bore it IIRC but you can do a TL3 MMag mod like the one on sale on BST forums

HTH
AlexGT

igabo

Enlightened
If you want bright, go for the TL-3 mod Alex mentioned.

And.. CR123's will not fit in a minimag. A AA cell is 14mm in diameter, while a CR123 is 16mm in diameter. And, a CR123 cell is 34mm in length, while a AA cell is 50mm in length.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
CR123As are about 16.5mm (the 0.5mm really makes a diff)...some even 17mm (the max spec of many 123As). A CR2 is still about 16mm, so they won't fit either. N-cells are half the length of a AA and about the diameter of a AAA, so you can fit 4x N-cells in there, but they'll rattle around a bit unless you pad the sides up to make them thicker.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want Lithium cells, you can buy Lithium AA's. If you want higher voltage than 2 Alkaline AA's, then you can buy rechargeables.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gadet Lover and I bored out a mini mag for a pair of CR2s. It gets real thin, but can be done. I used a resistor and a Lux III plus a home made custom optical system. (I posted on it a long time ago, it is called "Little A" for my daughter.) It has a rear clickie switch - runs about 100ma - perfect for her use.

I will try to dig up a picture.

bl4kkat

Newly Enlightened
HarryN said:
Gadet Lover and I bored out a mini mag for a pair of CR2s. It gets real thin, but can be done. I used a resistor and a Lux III plus a home made custom optical system. (I posted on it a long time ago, it is called "Little A" for my daughter.) It has a rear clickie switch - runs about 100ma - perfect for her use.

I will try to dig up a picture.

you mean you cut it down to accept 2 CR2 batts? doesnt that make it like 6v or something?

but anywayy what i wanted to do was to hook up 2 CR2 batt to try to maximize run time but at the same time trimming down the MMag...

but now im starting to think thats impossible now :awman: