Fenix L2P rattle?

jlomein

Enlightened
I just got my Fenix L2P yesterday. Love it so far. One thing i noticed is that if i shake it, the batteries rattle inside.

Is this normal?

Longbow

Enlightened
Don't shake it! Normal and desireable, the tube over-bore fits rechargables and other cells that may be a bit oversized. If you wish shim bore with an index card or such.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wrap a bit of masking tape around each cell so the fit is snug (but not too snug, you'll want to get the batteries out eventually).

jlomein

Enlightened
Like if I don't do the rattle fixes both of you have suggested, will it be harful to leave my flashlight as is (to the light or batteries), with the rattle?

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
batteries nor flashlight dies because the batteries rattle.

if you don't want it to rattle, i advice you to stop whining and get something better, a little rattle and you complain...

NeoteriX

Newly Enlightened
The slight rattle was something I learned to accept--it didn't occur to me to do the shimmy thing with an index card. Cut one up to fit in 2 minutes and the light is completely rock solid now. Thanks!

Robban

Enlightened
Don't worry about it. Many many flashlights have battery rattle. There has to be a bit of tolerance to different brands of batteries that can have slightly different diameters. It will not hurt anything and if it really annoys you just do what others have said and wrap a piece of tape/paper/whatever around the battery.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
All multi cell flashlights* will rattle, unless the battery tube is so tight that you can't get the cells back out, or there is so much pring pressure that the cells are crushing each other.

Even my Inova X03 with its super tight body will rattle a bit.

* where the batteries are touching end to end in series