Ultrafire 9 Watt LUXEON LED CR123A FLASHLIGHT/TORCH

logan

Newly Enlightened
0901s-group.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8790411258&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr12_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT
:lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign:

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
7 watt, 8 watt, now 9 watt. And of course they don't mention output in lumens. Then you'd see just how inefficient these lights are. I bought one of the 7 watt versions out of morbid curiosity, and it wasn't even as bright as one of my good true 3 watt Lux flashlights. I hate marketing gimmicks.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the asking price I'd pick one up just to gut it and install my own internals (LED, reflector, window). Personally I think it's a rather nice-looking light. I've also had a lot of experience with Harbor Freight tools where the spec sheet is simply a collection of lies that tells you what the "engineers" would really liked to have built. I consider Microfire to be the Harbor Freight of flashlights. ;-)

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
scott.cr said:
For the asking price I'd pick one up just to gut it and install my own internals (LED, reflector, window). Personally I think it's a rather nice-looking light. I've also had a lot of experience with Harbor Freight tools where the spec sheet is simply a collection of lies that tells you what the "engineers" would really liked to have built. I consider Microfire to be the Harbor Freight of flashlights. ;-)

O.K. I'll go along with that, but I still think it's a bit shady.

logan

Newly Enlightened
Specs given by mail by JC.SHOP:

[font=Arial, Verdana]- Korea made luxeon, quality close to USA made, Output up to 90 Lumens, Luxeon III.

:whistle:
[/font]

Robban

Enlightened
Screwed up marketing or not I kinda like the looks of that light. Could be a suitable mod host.

BobbyRS

Enlightened
MillerMods said:
7 watt, 8 watt, now 9 watt. And of course they don't mention output in lumens. Then you'd see just how inefficient these lights are. I bought one of the 7 watt versions out of morbid curiosity, and it wasn't even as bright as one of my good true 3 watt Lux flashlights. I hate marketing gimmicks.

I agree with this. I too bought one of the Golston 7w when they first arrived and now if I compare it to my MM 1.7amp 3w U-bin L1P running a 14500 Lith-ion, the L1P is clearly brighter and has more throw. Amazing really. All thanks to Millermods!

xenopus

Newly Enlightened
MillerMods said:
9 watts @ 90 Lumens......Luxeon T-bin ~ 3 watts @ 80 Lumens. Nice body. That's it.

I think the song said "Nice body, shame about the face" or was it "Nice legs, shame about the face".

Piers!

Padge

Newly Enlightened
The shipping is as much as the light. For $21.54(shipping included) you can get the same body (2xCR123) from Dae. I'd say this is a waste of your money...