Nuwai ALX-2611X

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one for my bro-in-law. Pretty nice light, normal clickie, and floody like you said. Great runtime. I purchased it with a bunch of other lights to save on shipping. For me, the price isn't very good if I'm just purchasing the 2611X on it's own as I'd have to pay both tax and shipping, making it an almost $30 light and I think there's better lights at $30. But if you don't have to pay tax and/or you can spread the shipping cost, it's a good light...great car light.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
jsr wrote: "For me, the price isn't very good if I'm just purchasing the 2611X on it's own as I'd have to pay both tax and shipping, making it an almost $30 light"

The shipping alone makes it not quite as economical.

Although the real plus point is the surprisingly long runtime as test by Quickbeam on FlashlightReviews.com - Nuwai Luxeon 1 ALX-2611X
I think when Doug/Quickbeam posted his combined/comparison runtime chart - the Nuwai ALX-2611X had the longest runtime of all the 1x CR123 lights.
See - 14 1x123A Luxeon lights' Runtimes on one graph

I think Sharper Image sells this light under their own brand but for $30....

The main "rival" would be the Dorcy Super 1 Watt 1x CR123A now starting to available at local Target stores @ just under $20

Flashlight economics - :grin2: :huh:
Total prices:
Dorcy 1watt 1xCR123 = ~ $21.39 incl local sales tax
Nuwai ALX-2611X = $27.45 (cheapest shipping found)

Price difference = $6.06.

Runtimes Dorcy = 2h23; ALX-2611X = 3h09
runtime difference = 32%
Assume CR123 cost $1.25 each
Then to recover cost difference takes (6.06/1.25) /0.32
= 15.15x CR123 batteries.

So after about 15 CR123 batteries the Nuwau ALX-2611X will be more economical........ :p

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a bunch of them when Sharper Image had a sale a while back. Very nice wide floodish beam and excellent circuit efficiency (output x runtime for 1 battery). Good color. Somewhat stiff (but works fine) tactical clickie. It uses an optic which I don't think has a protective cover, so I put some PDA screen protector over the optic.

Keep a look out for Sharper Image coupons, something might come up which will let you buy some of them at a discount.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Dorcy Super 1W is definitely the direct competitor in virtually all aspects. I prefer the aesthetics of the 2611X (though, I don't particular think it's that nice, just better) over the Dorcy. I didn't think the switch was stiff...felt pretty good to me, but they might vary from piece to piece. That'd be a nice find if you can get them for $20 or so from Sharper Image.
Sharper Image had a Q3 under their brand also, but those are now gone and replaced by one that looks a lot like the Q3, but different (and slightly longer).
I still think the Q3 is an overall better value than the Dorcy or the 2611X, even though it has worse runtime. Or the Triton P1 for an AA light for $35 shipped.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I liked the ALX so much I bought a second one. In addition to the attributes mentioned above (momentary switch is my favorite!), the ergonomics lend themselves easily to holding the ALX a couple of different ways, either cigar style or tactical style in addition to the regular thumb on top "flashlight hold" because of the thin waist just below the head. I didn't like the looks at first, but it is a nice shape to hold, better than the Q3 in that respect.

The run time is great so you don't have to carry a spare battery and can depend on it to last a long time when you just don't have a spare when you really need it. To paraphrase the commercials: that's priceless.

You can get a black unmarked one from Emilion for <$20 - with no battery or packaging though. I prefer the silver one as it shows less (hides) wear and ships faster from Amondotech (to the US).

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if Emilion carries the black 2611X anymore...it's not on his site anymore the last I checked. I was looking for one.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, gone. Amondotech seems to have the best price now at $21.50. $26 package deal with some batteries. Still only the best deal if you are ordering something else to share the shipping charge. I've actually been keeping an eye on their site for something else to get to justify getting another 2611.

Last edited:

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
Longbow, that 2611X is one sleeper of a nifty little light. You'll get attached to it.

Like Nerdgineer says, its fairly floody, with uncommonly long (and flat) runtime for a 1 X 123 (3 hrs. to 50% per FLReviews).

I gave one to Mrs. TW for Christmas... and it has since replaced the Peak 3 LED Matterhorn and Nuwai Q3 in her business/travel purse. Even makes a decent light for night walks. Very well made. Good ergos for small/medium hands. Nice nylon case, too.

I'm gonna use my DullerImage gift certificate to grab a few more. Fits nicely into a jacket pocket. A good, bargain-priced, all-purpose back-up for my SF E2L EDC or L5 walk light.

beakman

Newly Enlightened
Yup, I have one (the Sharper Image version). Great regulated runtime, good brightness, nice and white, good beam pattern, momentary clickie, and nicely constructed. Fits okay in the front pocket, but also fits pretty well standing up next to my wallet in my back pocket, since it is fairly slim (slimmer than the Nuwai Q3, for example). I also have the Dorcy Super 1 Watt 1xCR123, and even though the 2611X is a little longer, I like it better than the Dorcy because of the longer runtime and the better switch (the Dorcy turned on in my front pocket once and got pretty warm).

I give it :twothumbs

beakman

jburgett

Newly Enlightened
I really like mine as well!

The nice "fat" hotspot and spill beam are a nice combination for general use.
There is also a nice 2xAA version of this light that I have purchased for my son and both his Grandpa's as gifts. It is not quite as bright as the CR123 version, (and much longer) but the common 2xAA's is a big plus for them. It still has the same beam, so I am assuming that the "business end" is identical.

Two thumbs up from me, especially given the price!

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted to pick up another 2611X for my car light, but couldn't justify the end price and having had a bad experience with amondotech already for large orders, I don't want to risk going through that again by ordering more items just to spread the shipping costs.
I purchased a Nextorch Z1 instead (cost more, but figure I'd try it since no one has one on CPF) to evaluate.

Where do you get those Sharper Image coupons?...do you have to purchase from them often to get them? I wish I had a coupon to get the Sharper Image one for a good price.

dim

Enlightened
Different batteries, yes. But ahhh, that forward clickie. How does the output, beam pattern, etc of the Nuwai ALX-2611X and Triton P1 compare to one another?

The Nuwai ALX-2611X is reviewed as the "Gentos Superfire SF-123" at the excellent Illuminum Flashlight site. It, however, is in Japanese.

For a good translation, it is necessary to use the translation site http://www.infoseek.co.jp/Honyaku?pg=honyaku_top.html as it use cookies and limits direct access to translated URLs.

To access Illuminum Flashlight in English, go to the translation site mentioned. Scroll down to the "WEB" section in the main part of the page. Next to the Union Jack, the first flag of three, click the second "radio button" to the right of the flag - this selects Japanese to English translation. Below that, key or paste the URL http://www.illuminum-led.com/ into the form and, then, click the "WEB" button below that.

While at Illuminum Flashlight, also check out the reviews for the 2AA sibling of the '2611X, the Nuwai ALX-2512AA/Gentos Patrio Pro SuperLED F1 (GT-10AA) and its "cousin" the SL Jr. Lux, listed as the Straemlight Jr LED (yes, it's misspelled). The strong similarities between these flashlights is why I am inclined to think that the '2611X is a CR123 version of the Junior.

dim

Dentalicious

Newly Enlightened
I realize this is a pretty old thread, but the flashlight being discussed here is one I owned back in 2006 or so and ended up losing as the result of some overly concerned security at a college football event. I would love to get my hands on one of these, be it Sharper Image, or another brand using the same product design, but I haven't had much luck.

Does anyone on here know of a place that I might actually be able to buy one?

Or (and this might be more feasible) does anyone have a recommendation for a comparable flashlight? Mind you I want something that would be comfortable to carry in my pocket on a regular basis so 1xCR123 platform would be awesome.