User Name, what's yours, and why ? Avatar too ?

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
ABVIDLEDUK

Abbey Video (Led UK)

Old Company Name

Last edited:

metalhed

Enlightened
I enjoy heavy metal/punk style music. Unfortunately, I've found it to be a common User Name, even the way I spell it. I use 'nightcrawler' on FF.com, since it's a better description of my personality and a better 'flashlight' moniker.

The lighthouse is just kinda' cool, I guess. (at least I think so.)

Next????

Topper

Flashaholic*
Topper, got it from an old movie seemed non-aggressive thus good for CPF.
Thump118 on eBay a little aggressive but I think thats OK for that. I do not have an Avatar. For a couple reasons. The reason I will share? I'm too stupid.
But you knew that already. :ohgeez:
Topper :)

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chocolatelab33-after my Lab Nikki and 33, my favorite number.
My avatar stands for my favorite singer-Melissa Etheridge.:)

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did Topper come from Mr Topper in ****ens Christmas Carol?

Lee1959 - My middle name (which I go by online cause its shorter) + Year of birth I am not very inventive, lol

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The_LED_Museum because it's...well...my primary website's name.

And my avatar is the prototype Arc-LS I received in 2001 (I think).
It was the first commercial flashlight to use the Luxeon Star Power Light Source.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 sons. When they were younger and you were holding one of them and he wanted to get down, he would go limp and try to slide out of my arms. Its a common childhood escape mechanism. I called it the "gravitynoodle" because the kid goes limp like a noodle and uses gravity to egress from my grasp. Began using it as a screen name.

It struck me one day that gravitynoodle sounded like erectile disfunction, so I changed it to powernoodle.

As for the avatar, it means nothing.

cheers

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
DUQ, is my initials and D.U.Q. is my online multi player gaming name.
My avatar is pretty lame, just havent got around to making a nice one yet.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
One of my gigs involves installation and maintenance of LED "jumbotron" videowalls and the fiber networks behind them. Thus I wrangle photons.
:)

And my avatar identifies me as an animal lover.

Last edited:

ATVMan

Newly Enlightened
ATVMan because ATVing is my favorite hobby and i know the names of every ATV and the specs for most

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
PoliceScannerMan, when I was signing up here, I had to come up with a name. I had no idea what to name myself for this site. I looked around my office, saw my Pro 2096 scanner scanning away, the rest is history. My avatar has a Uniden BCD 396T scanner in the background, with a McLux Ti in the foreground, one of my favorite lights.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Topper said:
Topper, got it from an old movie seemed non-aggressive thus good for CPF.
Topper :)
I always like the old Topper movies. I think they made several of them.

My user name is probably self explanatory. LifeNRA = Lifetime member of the NRA.
I don't have an avatar but it would be nice to have one of the NRA symbol.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Hey look at my new avatar!!! Thanks to DUQ:thanks: for making it and hosting it for me.

Thanks a lot buddy, it looks really great! :goodjob:

OutdoorIdiot

Enlightened
My UserName was taken from the website I contribute to, www.outdooridiots.com. I joined CPF a while ago to get some help with an article on lighting up the great outdoors, but since then I have done nothing towards it, plus none of us have had the time to make a real go of the site (it's still rather new). Been having a lot of fun on CPF, though!

My avatar is the old English actor Nigel Bruce, playing Dr. Watson in the old Sherlock Holmes movies. I chose him because (1) My own face isn't fit for publication, and (2) He is playing a bumbling, stupid, overweight English buffoon, rather like me. The only difference is, I don't smoke a pipe!

PipesterLite

Newly Enlightened
PipesterLite is a combination of my interest in pipes and lites. You can see some of my light interests on my website http://mysite.verizon.net where you will find 13 short stories I have written which combine my interest in pipes and science fiction. You may enjoy the sherlock holmes based story which contains a lite.

My avatar, the flame safety lamp covers my profession, mine health and safety, and my collection of flame safety lamps.

Last edited:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greenlight was my first choice for user names. Fortunately Mr. Green ^ picked another handle. I was trying to think of something ubiquitous and positive relating to LEDs, and I also tend to like green...
Glad I didn't end up picking up redlight.
Doncha' like my cool ET magnet?

I think one can change user names and keep their post count, but I wouldn't do it.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, there are several of these threads. Maybe they could be listed in 'practice posting' as a sticky, for people to check out when they are trying to think of an avatar.

Latest posts