KFC Wipes, how many, and what do you use them for

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
So you come away from KFC with some of their wipes.

(Why don't BK & McD issue them ?)

Buns yes, they're quite clean, but chips are greasy.

The serviettes are just not enough.

So what do you use yours for ?

I keep some in my coat pockets for when I go into BK or McD, very infrequently.

Very useful after sandwiches for lunch around shops.

Also in rucksack.

I find them useful for wiping grease and clag off specs.

Wiping down keyboard.

Quick clean car dashboard.

Yours ?

Last edited:

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
KFC BK McD Drinks

I always ask for NO ice, why pay for frozen water when the drink is cold anyway.

Also, I watch the server, they often put fingers inside the dry cup to carry to dispenser, I alway point this out and ask for clean cup.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: KFC BK McD Drinks & Wipes

Ik waardeer werkelijk uw input aan mijn draden en hoop u geniet van volgend hen. Dank u voor het samenvoegen van hen. Gelukkige Verjaardag door de manier, voor wanneer het komt. Vergeef mijn slechte vertaling, het is geweest een tijdje aangezien ik in Holland was en mijn taalvaardigheden kon uitoefenen.

Translation:

Thank you for your input.

Last edited:

B@rt

Flashaholic
Since your second question wasn't a question at all, but merely a statement about how you like your drink in a fastfoodrestaurant I think you can continue under a new title, "fastfood etiquette" :shrug: and maybe some more questions will pop up along the way. :)

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
abvidledUK said:
Well now...

I've got THREE, yes THREE such threads running on CPF, and very few have spotted them.

Can you find them ?

Bet you can't.....

Admittedly the above quote was from the April fools thread, but it caused me to watch the pointless threads you seem to enjoy creating IMHO.:whistle:

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
It passes the time between darkness and darkness though doesn't it.

"Admittedly the above quote was from the April fools thread, but it caused me to watch the pointless threads you seem to enjoy creating IMHO"

Actually, most of them are quite pointed, but seem to be lost on some...

Of course, you are one of the exceptions.

Anyway...KFC anyone ?

Last edited:

Sturluson

Enlightened
Why stop at stuffing your pockets full of wipes?

Next time you visit your favorite feeding trough, bring a briefcase and cram it full of napkin dispensers - napkins and all! You can fill the gaps with those fashionable salt and pepper shakers from McDs.

And when there's the changeover from breakfast to lunch, what do you think happens to all those sausage and egg biscuits? That's right! Free for anyone - in the trash!

If you're going to engage in petty theft at feeding troughs, then set your sights higher!

(Actually, just by entering your favorite feeding trough, you've begun the slow descent into sub-mediocrity, and have personally contributed to the decline of civilization....as we know it.

:awman:)

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sturluson said:
Why stop at stuffing your pockets full of wipes?

Thank you for your input Bob.

And you've never kept a "Sweet & Low" ?

I thought that was a favoUrite pastime for some.

Sturluson said:
(Actually, just by entering your favorite feeding trough, you've begun the slow descent into sub-mediocrity, and have personally contributed to the decline of civilization....as we know it.

I think that there may be a few who may take issue with you on that opinion.

Last edited:

TorchMan

Enlightened
I wasn't even aware KFC had them. When I trained for my job about two years ago, the dude training me was a Hooter's fanatic. He'd been to almost everyone in the U.S., literally. I think he needed about five or six more, barring new ones opening. He vacationed for it.

In five weeks, we went to Hooter's over fourty times. He tipped quite nicely, and as a result, wipes were given in abundance and he rarely took them. Most dried out in my work truck before I could use them all. I used them for wiping my hands after handling video games, which get quite dirty, especially in washaterias.

So more useless information to fry the imagination... :grin2:

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
TorchMan said:
I wasn't even aware KFC had them.
In five weeks, we went to Hooter's over fourty times. wipes were given in abundance . Most dried out in my work truck before I could use them all. I used them for wiping my hands after handling video games, which get quite dirty, especially in washaterias.
:grin2:

Thank for your insight, and for bringing the thread back on track.

Yes I also use them to wipe items handled by others in public places, not so aware of the dangers of disease transmission.

I'd forgotten about that, thanks for reminding me.

The alcohol content I hope is sufficient to kill any bugs.

Sturluson

Enlightened
abvidledUK (Mr. A. UK from now on), I was writing with a turgid tongue in cheek. I thought it was obvious. Actually, I thought I was following your fine example.:ohgeez:

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
The KFC wipes are great to take fishing. Use them to wipe off your hands after handling fish or worms if you fish with live bait. Anyone who has fished with worms, especially red worms, know how sticky they can make your hands.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The hell with the moist towelette, what I need after eating at KFC is dental floss! I wish they'd put a small pack of it in every meal that includes those corn cobettes.

I can't believe this! There's a website for those that collect moist towelettes and they even have a theme song! :crackup:

Last edited:

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
LowBat said:
I can't believe this! There's a website for those that collect moist towelettes and they even have a theme song! :crackup:
And they probably think we are crazy for having a website about flashlights. Now what is our theme song? :lolsign:

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
LifeNRA said:
And they probably think we are crazy for having a website about flashlights. Now what is our theme song? :lolsign:
I had to look. I did find this. Perhaps Weird Al could satirize a song for us.

Last edited:

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been years since I've been in a KFC or a McDonalds (yuck, seriously), but I keep a box of baby wipes in the vehicles. They work great for everything from checking the oil to wiping grease off your hands and tools and flashlights to getting that one bit of bird $h*t that the wipers won't reach.

I'm kind of a germophobe. I ask for a clean cup at a restaurant if someone's had their fingers in it, too. I'll also skip washing my hands at public bathrooms. If I can do my business, dispense the paper towel, wash my hands, leave the water running while I dry my hands, use the towel to turn off the water and open the door, I will. Otherwise I'll skip it. I know where my body parts have been, I know when they were washed last and I know who has been touching them since and what they had on their hands. Much safer bet than the public door knob and the faucet handle.

Dang, insomnia sucks. Cheers. :buddies:

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Diesel_Bomber said:
I'm kind of a germophobe. I ask for a clean cup at a restaurant if someone's had their fingers in it, too. I'll also skip washing my hands at public bathrooms. If I can do my business, dispense the paper towel, wash my hands, leave the water running while I dry my hands, use the towel to turn off the water and open the door, I will. Otherwise I'll skip it. I know where my body parts have been, I know when they were washed last and I know who has been touching them since and what they had on their hands. Much safer bet than the public door knob and the faucet handle.
:buddies:

Ditto...