Good Job for a Flashaholic?

IMTRBO

Newly Enlightened
Hi people,

A lot of my friends and I have been talking about jobs recently, which got me to thinking about what kind of jobs would be fun for flashaholics.

I'll leave the details to you, but I would like to know what jobs you would like to do where you could make good use of your flashlights. And I don't mean being an usher at a cinema (you'd probably blind everyone showing people to their seats) or an LEO/Security Guard (too life threatening to enjoy using your lights).

Perhaps a building inspector? Tunnel Construction? Night Tours operator? I donno, let your imaginations run wild!

:)

alvin70

Newly Enlightened
I don't know if this counts but here goes, i'm in A/V line therefore most of the time i would require a flashlight to see things in the covered ceiling. I'm required to mount projectors bracket, plasma tv brackets or laying of cables in dark ceiling that has practically no lights installed. Therefore having a flashlight is a plus.

Usually i use a Fenix L1P for near distance, my LionHeart or Surefire for far distance or throw, so at any 1 time, i 'll have at lease 2 or more flashlight with me.

Before CPF, it never occur to me to carry a flashlight but it seems like without 1 now, i be missing something. I always have a use for them and was wondering why i didn't carry 1 earlier, :grin2:

alvin

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about being a building operator on a high tech campus the size of a small village? That would be me. I love night shifts.
nortel.jpg

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
While it's nice to use a flashlight at work, I think a job that would permit one to push the envelope of flashlight tech would be more interesting. Something like electronics engineering.

When I worked as an electrician, I used flashlights several times a day.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I would think that a building inspector would need to use a flashlight frequently. That would probably be a good job for a flashaholic.

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
how about civil engineer who build tunnels such as the English tunnel ?

rikvee

Enlightened
I'm a live sound guy and it's the lighting crew that leave me in the dark on a daily basis.... :ohgeez:
On a typical 12 hr day I go through 4 R123 or 14500 Li-Ions in TW4's or 1AA MiniMags :grin2:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Senior Development Engineer for SureFire.

I think that position is filled but it might be fun to be on the team.

metalhed

Enlightened
I've done the roadie/guitar tech/sound tech thing too, and agree with rikvee, that they are great jobs for flashaholics.

I remember one of our members (not the name, of course :thinking:) saying that he worked as an inspector at a truck weigh station. He used lights to inspect the trailers and fright, I think.

Always sounded like a low risk flashlight-user job.

Bonez

Newly Enlightened
I would like to second alvin70's post for being a custom A/V installer. I also install A/V for a company in Rochester NY. Much of the time on the trickier installs (up in an attic, commercial buildings with drop ceilings, dark basements etc...) a flashlight that is one of the key ingredients in making the job go smoothly. I have been trying to convert my other fellow installers to LED lights, as they all carry stock mini-mags and go through batteries like they are going out of style. Luckily the store provides free batteries, but I am changing jobs soon and am probably going to buy them all Terralux TLE-5 modules before I leave as a going away present. At least then they wont b#$%& as much about the crappy yellow beams and short runtime of the stock mag.

IMTRBO

Newly Enlightened
I think I would love to work for Surefire! I should have studied electrical engineering. hehe.

I dream of setting up a super high quality flashlight production company here in Australia, becoming the sole supplier of tactical lights to the Australian Military, and then, THE WORLD!! MMUUahahahahaa....

Alas, it is but a dream... (But if any of you want to sponser this oh-so-lucrative business idea, or if you are already setting up such a company, please feel free to PM me. :) )