London Marathon - Just a thought

alauda

Enlightened
This was just an idea I had whilst on the last real training run before the London Marathon on April 23rd.

If there any runners/cyclist here, you will know the state that you enter when you feel like you could go on forever. I was in such a "trance", when I was profoundly affected by a lady pushing a little girl in a wheelchair along an old Victorian Promenade. Only then did it dawn on me how lucky I was.

I am mainly the first one to moan when things don't go right, yet this child was all smiles and laughter. Just enjoying the moment.

As I trotted round I came up with an idea. I am already running for an animal charity. Why not get the good folk to use me as an impetuous to make a donation either to their favourite cause or to help someone close out.

I have read some very moving posts on the death of a close one (the shinning the flashlights up to the stars really touched me). I read about members who have fallen on hard times. About members getting seriously sick.

Why not contribute something to someone for me and next Sunday. The last couple of years have not been easy for one reason or another and today it just dawned on me that today matters.

So what I propose is either

1) Please contribute something to someone or somebody you hold dear.

2) If there is someone on here that really needs help, then just do it and help them out.
I remember reading about some members who could not afford medical treatment. I am more than happy to be used as a method to raise money for them.

3) At least make a donation to CPF. There are some really good people here.

All I ask is that you post what you propose to do. That way you will have to stick with it and when I get to the dreaded 22 miles I have some thoughts to spur me on.

:touche:
Just bet me I can't do it

Last edited: