Paul has gone to heaven. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My housemate Paul is very probably going to have his right leg amputated. He's already in very poor health, and if he does not survive the operation and goes to heaven, I'll be moving because I do not make enough $$$ to even just pay the rent here - let alone the cable, water, sewer, garbage, natural gas, electricity, etc.
The rent is $950.00, and I make $501.00 so you can see what could happen here.

If I have to move, it will be to Sacramento CA., and I'll have at least several weeks advance notice to get my butt packed up & out of here. I'll try to save as many flashlights, electronic instruments, and computers as I can; but there is no guarantee that I'll be able to save *everything*. I'll be taking the train to Sacramento and will probably take my yellow DPSS and blue DPSS lasers with me; the bulk of my belongings are to be moved via truck.

I called my stepmother Debbie in California earlier today, and it looks like a move is *HIGHLY LIKELY* in early-June.
I don't yet have an address & telephone number, but I'll furnish that later on. And I don't yet know how long I'll be without CPF.

Dad and her are really excited that I'll be moving to the same city as them, but I'm really not looking forward to the move myself. :shakehead:

I'll be moving to midtown Sacramento, in between downtown and the suburbs.

Last edited:

metalhed

Enlightened
Re: I *MIGHT* have to move again in early-June... :-(

Bummer...a damn bummer, man.

My wife and I are moving in June, from Bakersfield to Kennewick. I have family all over the Seattle area (Kent, Woodinville, Bothell) and am looking forward to visiting them more often. Chances are I'll see Seattle 5 or 6 times a year now, compared to once every 5 or 6 years before.

I'm telling you this because I had hoped we could get together and talk flashlight (and LED and lasers, probably) a little, someday on one of my trips to my favorite city.

Oh well...Sacramento can be nice too.

Just stay inside during the summer, it gets hot!!! :cool:

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*

Craig,

I hope you do not have to move and I pray that everything works out for the best.
Prayers sent for Paul also.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Craig, I'm very sorry to hear about Paul. I've seen him mentioned in some of your other web pages. I hope he survives ok and things work out the best for the both of you. From what I read I think I'd much rather live in Seattle then Sacramento.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

darn craig thats messed up sand sad news i hope it works out for ya and paul gets better

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I have come to learn that even if Paul *DOES* survive the operation, he may not have the strength necessary to transfer to & from his wheelchair and his bed, and to & from his wheelchair and the can; so it's looking like a move is inevitable now. :(

I really do appreciate everybody's well-wishes for Paul's recovery. No really, I DO!!!

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hope things work out for you Craig, and that your roommate and friend survives his surgery, if his quality of life would be better or at least not worse.

If moving room is limited there is a company called PODs that will drop off a moving container, and then move it for you, or store it for you, I think their prices were pretty reasonable, my niece used them last summer.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Man, you seem to have the worse luck with your living arrangements. Maybe thats the side effect or draw back of having lots of lights to play with ? I bet you could make quite a bit auctioning off your lights you do not plan on taking when you move or if.

On anothre note, I am aweful tempted to live in my extended contractors van in the parking lot of walmart. I hate paying rent for 500 sq ft in a crime area with daily notices on my door about stuff happening just outside. Then my folks about their mortgage and owning a house, etc. I would head to a truck shop and wash up and work a good part of the rest of the day.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

cobb said:
Man, you seem to have the worse luck with your living arrangements....
You know, this time it is not in any way my fault, or the result of having too many lighting products.
This time, it's simply a case of having really rotten luck. :/

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast

You say you may not be able to save everything. Is that because you don't have a place for it after you move, or because you have more stuff then can be hauled down? The reason I ask is I may be able to help move some things for you if I go to Washington in July.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

LowBat said:
You say you may not be able to save everything. Is that because you don't have a place for it after you move, or because you have more stuff then can be hauled down? The reason I ask is I may be able to help move some things for you if I go to Washington in July.
I'm pretty sure I'll be able to take everything - everything of importance anyway. There are two desktop computers, one laptop computer, one "all-in-one" computer (a Commodore CBM8032), the ProMetric, a spectrometer (if I still have it at the time), several DMMs, approximately 850 flashlights, lasers, light blubs and other lighting products, ~100 audio CDs, ~12 marquees from coin-op arcade video games, several large JVC ghetto blasters, ~28 glass insulators, a 32" TV, a 13" TV, a couple of laboratory PSUs, two wall clocks, two framed pictures, and various miscellaneous & sundry items (clothes, shoes, prescriptions, discman-type CD player, stuffed Digimon figures, etc.).

If anything gets left behind, it will be out of forgetfulness, rather than because of insufficient space on the transport vehicle or at the new place.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hear Seattle is due for a 9 any day now...

and probably a tsunami, like the one that happened about 300 years ago.
evidently the natives up there incorporated the event into their ritual dances for a hundred years -- geoligists found an old forest that was buried with a layer of sand (from the ocean wave) and marsh on top by the earthquake-tsunami..

there's a 300 mile fault up there. 'subversion zone' - just off the coast of Washington...

Craig, feel free to stop by if you're ever in my neck o' the woods, as long as 365 feet above sea level proves to be enough..

:whistle:

greenLED

Flashaholic

I'm sorry to hear about your roommate and your moving, Craig.

We used an ABF truck to move across the country a couple of years back; it was the cheapest we could find. You'll need help packing and loading the trailer, but I think we can figure something out to help. Depending on your moving date, I may be able to drive up to Seattle and help you pack and stuff, for example.

Let us know if there anything specific you need help with.

drizzle

Enlightened

I'm real sorry to hear that you have to move Craig. My best wishes go out to Paul.

From a purely selfish point of view I will miss the possibilty of a Get Together with you in the mix, even if we haven't made one happen yet.

Let me know about helping you move whether it's loading the truck or something else. If I can help I will.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast

850 flashlights? OMG, you did name yourself well, Museum you be. <bowing to the Master> and here I thought I was bad and had more lights than I coudl possibly use, lol.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Amputation *IS* iminent, but it is not absolutely, positively, 100% certain; so if this operation is not done, then I won't have to move.
I should know within the next couple of days.

TorchMan

Enlightened

I just said a prayer for Paul that he doesn't need amputation and that his health improves. Also added other CPFers that are in poor health or have suffered losses/hardships.

Last edited:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

Prayer just finished for Paul.

You had such a "EFFED" up move not all that long ago that I would HATE to see it happen again!

I'm just a little bit too far away to offer physical help, but you get all the spiritual help I have!

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

The_LED_Museum said:
I just got word from Paul's sister that the operation will take place on Thursday 04-20-06. :(

I'm sorry to ehar this Craig, both for your sake as well as Paul's.

But the fat lady hasn't sung yet, and there's still a chance that Paul could mend from this. Only time will tell. In the meamtime you're both in my thoughts...
:candle:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.