What color is your Fenix 1LP light beam?

Allnew2me

Enlightened
I have heard about the Luxeon lottery and wonder if that applies to the 1LP. Mine is a nice light but has a rather greenish tint compared to the Inova XO. Is this what you see in yours or is it an oddity? Also does color vary depending on how hard the LED is driven or is is just the way it is made?

carrot

Flashaholic
Mine is greenish as well. Tint varies depending on how hard the LED is driven, this is true. When mine is driven at a lower voltage (using a 10 ohm resistor), it has a very greenish hue. At full brightness, I can only tell what color it is by comparing it with my A2. From what it sounds like, the L1P is pretty white, and no one has gotten a really bad tint so far.

onthebeam

Enlightened
Mine is greenish too. I would only notice when in direct comparison with my whitest lights, though, such as the Amilite or VB-16. My Caribbean and JIL are slightly warm, which I prefer to slightly green, or cool. But if I'm not comparing, I would swear that the L1P is a clean white indeed. So, no worries!

PS-Now I must really be a hopeless flashaholic. I see that I just posted my 600th message here. . .

Allnew2me

Enlightened
Okay so it seems mine is normal then. I agree that if I use it it seems nice and bright and only in direct comparison with another LED (I only have one other so far) it seems not as white. The more I use this little light the more I really like it. I am hoping that the ARC I have on it's way will be as pleasing.
Carrot, how do you add a resistor to the light?
Onthebeam, congratulations on your #600, you are now an expert on all things. I feel honored that you would reach such a milestone on my silly post.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
One is slightly bluish, one is yellowish, and one is pinkish when compared side by side.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I originally ordered two (one for a friend), one has a hint of green, one has a hint of violet. Only really noticable when compared to another flashlight. My L2P head has a fairly neutral beam.

Macaw

Enlightened
I bought three: One was slightly green, the other two had the purplish tint. I kept the green one and gave the other two away. Mind you, these were ever so slightly tinted. Not really a problem.

tracker870

Enlightened
The ones that I use personally are all very white.
I did not "hand-select" these for myself. Just pulled them off the shelf.

Allnew2me

Enlightened
It sounds like there is a slight variation in tint with these lights. I don't mind mine really. Carrot, thanks for the point in the right direction, I think I might try that mod, my first, but without soldering so I can reverse it. Of course, I need to get it first!

Allnew2me

Enlightened
Hey thanks for that link Unknown, great shots of the pattern and they are representitive of my light. I made the right decision with this light, I like the pattern more than the others.

Delvance

Enlightened
Hrmm well Allnew2me, seems i've got the opposite of what you have. My X0 is really green (i like it though) while my L1p is white as can be. I try comparing it to different light sources, still white...don't mind that either.

paulr

Flashaholic
Mine is pretty neutral. The "Luxeon Lottery" is a term invented several years ago when there was really horrid variations in brightness and tint between leds even in the same bin. It doesn't really exist any more. There are still variations but they're minor compared to the old days. If someone described their Luxeon beam a few years ago as being puke green, they meant it. These days a green tint just means a barely noticable cast, sometimes only in some parts of the beam, like the edges of the hot spot.

Somy Nex

Enlightened
both my L1P and L2P match the 'snow white' of my Peaks. I did however buy an R-binned L1 which had a very slight green/purple cast to it, but which never made a difference in actual use.

Apollo

Newly Enlightened
I must have lucked out was well. My L1P is very white. I got mine from Brightguy.com. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

Frank Maddix

Newly Enlightened
I would say mine is 'creamy-white' - a pleasant tint.
Compared to this, my HDS U60 is what I'd call 'analytically' white.
The nearest tint to the L1P is my Inova X0, though the beam isn't as useful as the L1P.
Perhaps we need a vocabulary like wine tasters use to describe tints 'strawberries and cream'; 'bilberry yogurt' etc.
On this basis, my Led Lenser keychain would be 'violet centred with puke'.

atm

Enlightened
My L1P is pure white as far as I can tell, the L2P I had was slightly yellow.

Andrew

Latest posts