What's your favorite sling shot?

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for a sling shot. I had a Wrist Rocket when I was a kid so I'm thinking of one with an arm brace. I'm pretty sure that I want a folder. Does anyone here own any of the following Wrist Rocket folders?
  • Folding Falcon
  • Falcon-2
  • Double Eagle
There is little difference in price. If you prefer some other folder I haven't mentioned let me know why and please post a link.

Thanks!

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have any of the ones you mentioned, but have had several different slingshots over the years. My current and favorite one so far is the Marksman LaserHawk 3055 Folding Slingshot. I've had it for several years and use it regularly- it's quite accurate.

It's very comfortable and doesn't cut into your arm like the old style basic type with the foam around the bar. Plus, I like having my ammo real handy at hand.

cy

Flashaholic
used to be deadly with a wrist rocket, when I was a kid.

tried it recently and surprise... can't side of a barn :D

ran into a hi-tech slingshot with fibre-optic aiming guides. have not practiced enough to tell if, I'm accurate yet.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if this ranks as a sling shot but, deadly...

Take a medicine bottle and cut off the bottom. Cut the finger off a rubber glove and affix it to the bottom of the container. Place projectile in the bottle (all the way to the tip of the finger) and ta da.... You would never imagine the power

magic79

Enlightened
To be honest, I don't know Jack Sh$( about slingshots, although I have used a Wrist Rocket to put up antennas.

However, got an email from Wholesale Hunter tonight, with whom I have had great luck and great deals, for a folding Black Widow slingshot.

Here's the link: http://www.wholesalehunter.com/privatespecials/deals.htm

Tell me if it's worth the $8 as I want one for my summer vacation to put up wire antennas.

Thanks
Mark

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never had a slingshot before, but doing a search on Google, came across this one that I think, is very appropriate for flashaholics.. :laughing:

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Trumark folding FS-1 and a Marksman Laserhawk adjustable only. And my fav got to be the Laserhawk for its comfort and adjustable arm brace. You could disassemble it but its not foldable! Accuracy is very good with a Marksman Laserhawk.

I ve tried the Double eagle (hard pull and had problem with accuracy) and also Falcon 2, but still prefer Marksman Laserhawk.

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Manzerick said:
I don't know if this ranks as a sling shot but, deadly...

Take a medicine bottle and cut off the bottom. Cut the finger off a rubber glove and affix it to the bottom of the container. Place projectile in the bottle (all the way to the tip of the finger) and ta da.... You would never imagine the power

We did that in high school with the top cut off of a soda bottle and half a balloon rubber banded to the neck. My friends and I used to launch BBs, dimes, paintballs, rocks, ect. Basically anything small enough to fit into the neck of the bottle could be used as a projectile.

I heard something like that can fire up to 450 fps but I'm not really sure. It does hurt bad when you get hit by an airsoft BB fired from such a device though so it does have good power.

Someone I know in my church has a "David and Goliath" type slingshot which is basically a pouch with two strings comming off the ends. Spin it around your head and let go of one string to release the projectile.

Unfortunately, I wasn't good at using it and released the string at the wrong time. Nearly knocked myself and another person behind me out. :oops: :duck:

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
LOL!

At the top of that page, anyone notice that they 'shopped saftey goggles onto the "Trumark Kid"?

My first wrist rocket was the Trumark. It worked well, but the arm-brace was uncomfortable.

I then had the folding Crossman/Marksman model. The wider vinyl web for the arm brace was much more comfortable than the Trumark. I used to pracice by trying to get stones into the neigbors plastic newspaper box across the road at about 50 yards. I got so that I could get almost half of them into the box, but only 1 in 10 would stay in side and not bounce out... but I had all summer. :D

I used to watch them sweep all the gravel out of the box when they'd get the paper. I think they always thought that kids walking down the road were dumping gravel from the shoulder in their box. I was so far away that I never entered into their thoughts...

cy

Flashaholic
what an abnoxious web site! music comes on and will not turn off.

turned me off though...

Robban

Enlightened
cy said:
what an abnoxious web site! music comes on and will not turn off.

turned me off though...
Yeah I hate that too. The controls for the music are at the bottom of the site.

I also liked that they had three different videos of a first time shooter :p

Personally I have a Trumark folding that I bought not too long ago. It's plenty accurate for having some fun. Cheap too. I can easily hit a coke can at about 10meters with very little practice. Haven't tried any longer shots yet.

ATVMan

Newly Enlightened
My grandpa has a couple slingshots ill have to see what they are the next time i go over there

We only replaced the band once and i remember it perfectly because i shot a Blackbird out of the air and then the next time i pulled it back it snapped and hit me across the face