Going to UVA!

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally! I have made my decision, and will be attending the University of Virginia in Charlottesville. I am really looking forward to going to college..

Has anyone been there?
-tom

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thought for a minute you had just done a mod on your UV flashlight...

Oh, er, congratulations!

vtunderground

Enlightened
Congratulations! I think you'll like it here in Charlottesville. I live pretty close to the UVA grounds... let me know if you've got any questions about the university or the town.

(Of course, I bleed orange and maroon, so I can't say much nice about UVA... haha!)

edit: Oh yeah... what're you planning on majoring in?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Congratulations Cornkid! You picked a great school. I drove up there from Carolina thirty-five years ago for a Steppenwolf concert.

Geoff

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wasnt on the college route in highschool. I had to take the back door to a U by a community college. A U is way harder and costs way more than a U. Id go to a CC get your associates, then transfer over. In my case the CC even paid the application fee for the U.

For the record I went to Reynolds and VCU.

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you everyone for your inputs and congratulations.

Because I am instate (my pops in a Resident) it will only cost ~$16,000 per year discounting the scholarships I have recieved thus far.

I will probably be studying: computer engineering, systems engineering, or mechanical engineering.

Who knows, maybe in a few years I will start my own flashlight company.

-tom