Cabela's Ext head vs W/E 9.0V D26

UWAK

Enlightened
Guys... I have an SF 9P, and very interested to pump up the lumen. The Cabela's XPG Extreme Performance Head offer 165 lumen for 9 volts while the W/E 9.0V D26 stated 200 lumen. Which one should I choose? Thx in advance.

Frids

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the 9V beamshots thread; I don't have the link handy. My opinion: You'll be happier with a Wolf Eyes. It's prefocused (unlike the G&P-made lamp assemblies, which must be focused "just so"), at least as white, and has a more useful corona. Plus, you can use wider (18mm) cells for more capacity. If you're into throw, get a miniturbo model.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 9D (42mm head) or M90 (45mm head). Miniturbo means a head (bezel) that's noticeably wider than tactical (which is typically 32mm) but still pocketable or almost so. Most (Wolf Eyes, G&P/Digilight/Cabella's/LEDWave, Surefire, Streamlight, Microfire, Pila GL3) are 41, 42, 43, or 45mm. I can think of only two outliers: Pentagonlight (38mm) and the new Pila GL4 (48mm), which is nearly as wide as a Mag C/D head (51mm) and no longer pocketable.