• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired KABOOM!! Deleted.

Fringe

Enlightened
Re: WTB: McluxIII Ti U-bin

. . .yes, all but one and I am 99% sure of that.

PhantomZ

Enlightened

sigh...

U-bin would be nice, but i'll settle for the original T-bin, as long as i can get a Mclux Ti.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

PhantomZ said:
sigh...

U-bin would be nice, but i'll settle for the original T-bin, as long as i can get a Mclux Ti.
I have a U bin Chrome PD and a T-bin Chrome PD and a Ti McLux T bin. I can NOT tell a difference in the brightness at all. So I guess you'll just have to settle. :lolsign:

Fringe

Enlightened

PhantomZ,

I wish you luck my friend. These lights are probably the most coveted lights next to the famed Larry Light. I know of only one that has sold on BST and it went for almost $800, so get ready to bid high if you see one and that is a big IF. I forsee these being more coveted than the TiPDs when they are released because of their bare bones simplicity lacking a piston. Great lights.
I wish the best of luck and I know, I have seen awesome things happen here on this forum, so don't give up!

Cliffnopus

Enlightened

I have to agree with PSM; I too have a chrome U-bin PD and an HAIII T-bin and I can't tell the difference in brighness or color tint. Neither can anyone I've shown them to. So, I think you'll be happy with the T.

Cliff

ibcj

Enlightened

IMO - You will probably get the Ti PD (when released) cheaper than you can get a McLux III-T. A few people have sold the T for $750 and they were gone in minutes. Since most T owners are aware of that, they know that they can get serious money for them.
I suspect that once the Ti PD is released, the Ti frenzy will subside a bit and you may see the T prices drop slightly. I wouldn't expect them to fall too much as the T was a limited run.
If you are lucky enough to land a T, then you can get an extra heatsink and upgrade the led to a U bin. I'm aware of one person who has done that. As others have said, the visual difference may be small between the T and U.

I too would like another T, but realize that I will have to wait for the Ti PD. Good luck with your quest.

PhantomZ

Enlightened
Re: WTB: McluxIII Ti U or T-bin

thanks for the post everyone. i'm not really interested in the PD Ti and i dont want to settle for that just because its cheaper. i do hope that the price will go down for the Ti right now because i think the price is too ridicules even if i have the money to pay twice as much for it. sigh.... i dont know though......

anyone wanting to sell thier Ti (maybe because of pitty) PLS send me a pm with your offer. 750 for this light is WAY too high but maybe we can work out a fair price or trade. i work hard for my earnings and this will take more then a pay cheque or 2 to pay for this....................

thanks for reading this post~

PoliceScannerMan said:
I have a U bin Chrome PD and a T-bin Chrome PD and a Ti McLux T bin. I can NOT tell a difference in the brightness at all. So I guess you'll just have to settle. :lolsign:

Of my two bare AL PD's, one is a u-bin and the other a t-bin. The t-bin has a much whiter color than the u-bin, especially on low. Depending upon the light, a u-bin is not necessarily the best way to go. It certainly did not win out over the t-bin in my case.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

arewethereyetdad said:
Of my two bare AL PD's, one is a u-bin and the other a t-bin. The t-bin has a much whiter color than the u-bin, especially on low. Depending upon the light, a u-bin is not necessarily the best way to go. It certainly did not win out over the t-bin in my case.

Agreed, but I cant tell a difference in the brightness.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Ti is a U-bin, but I did the swap to a U-bin myself and it is not for sale, sorry

BTW, I put a UWOJ in it and I can tell a difference, maybe not much in the brightness but very noticeable differnce in tint on high mode.
UWOJupgrade006.jpg

Last edited:

PhantomZ

Enlightened

Thanks for the pic and glad you're enjoying your light!

now i'll need someone to pm me that will sell thier light with a price offer for me, pls. name your price............. i'll probably have to give up my summer vacation for this light.........

Morelite said:
My Ti is a U-bin, but I did the swap to a U-bin myself and it is not for sale, sorry

BTW, I put a UWOJ in it and I can tell a difference, maybe not much in the brightness but very noticeable differnce in tint on high mode.
UWOJupgrade006.jpg

PhantomZ

Enlightened
Re: WTB: McluxIII Ti. NAME YOUR PRICE!

edited my first post. i'll eat my words about the high price. i'll give what little money i have to buy the Mclux Ti. send a pm and name your price pls!

Latest posts