Poor Flashaholic's Big Mac

Radio

Modulated Moderator
My kids (17 and 18) actually turned me onto this and have been doing it for the last couple of weeks and it seems to work everywhere they try it. Now I know it's not GOOD for you and of course you could just spend $3 and get a Big Mac but as the Title states, If you are a POOR Flashaholic and would rather have more money to spend on lights, then read on. Everyone knows you can get a $.99 Double Chgeeseburger at McDonalds. What most people don't realize is that you can "Have It Your Way" as well. To make a Poor Flashaholic's Big Mac you order the 99 cent Double Cheeseburger with no mustard or ketchup and then tell them to ADD Lettuce and Mac Sauce, These are free since they are condiments. What you end up with is essentially a Big Mac without the third piece of bread in the middle and no sesame seeds on the top, but thats it!!! Everything elese is the same. Just wanted to share this with someone and since you guys are family and we all want more money to spend on flashlights I thought this would be just a little something to help those that are allready buying them. Good luck and let me know how you make out and how you like it or what you think.

:buddies:

carrot

Flashaholic
Talk about beating the system... You're really stickin' it to the man, Tube. Haven't eaten at McD's for years, but I might just have to try this trick now.

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Excellent plan, Radio. Thanks. Haven't been to RatDonalds in a while, but I may have to schedule a visit. I'm rather partial to the dollar menu at Wendy's. Really like that chili.

Geoff

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
What does a Big Mac cost these days?

Anybody remember the McD commercial "burger, fries and coke, and change back from your dollar"?

I liked the short lived "Big Mac attack" commercials which was supposed to mean you had a craving for a Big Mac. It was soon pulled when they discovered the public associated it with having a junk food heart attack.:devil:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well radio was nice knowing ya dude. i estimate in 27 minutes there will be a knock on the door and around 19 ronalds mcdonalds guys will come take ya away to a place thats only been rumered to assit .but if ya play ya cards right ya can bribe the frys guys to let ya out but sadly ya will find ya are a island.

TorchMan

Enlightened
At my McD's, they will charge for lettuce or tomatoes. Never tried the sauce. Every time I've added either one (usually tomatoes but sometimes lettuce) it's an extra charge and appears on the receipt.

I happen to like that ketchup, onion and mustard mix though, so no biggie. Yes, I'm a poor flashaholic that knows the dollar menu well. And Jack's Value Menu, and the King's menu as well. BK tacos went up to a $1.29 for two, but oh well. Monster Tacos at Jack are still .99 cents! :drool:

I've only had fast food three times in the last month, and those are the places I did. Taco Bell is on the rotation every once in a great while, it's not much to my liking.

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
They have tacos at the Burger Kings in Texas?

I wonder why they don't serve Cincinnati chilli at our Burger Kings?:lolsign:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to have to give that a try! Pretty ingenious. Even if they do charge extra for the lettuce, I doubt it'll be too much, maybe $.50?

I totally dig the $1 menu at El Pollo Loco. I usually get a $1 BRC (beans, rice, and cheese burrito) and a spicy jack quesadilla, but now, they've added another great item.... a $1 salad, and it's darn good (comes with cilantro dressing, but they'll give you a choice). They've also added a chicken taquito to the $1 menu. They've got pretty good churros, too ($1 for two). Mmmm...$1 for the taco al carbon is a cheap and tasty treat, but it's a little dinky, especially compared to the $1 BRC. A couple of the Carl's Jr./Green Burrito combo restaurants around here have been having a 2 tacos for $.99 deal going on for a really long time (seems like it's a permanent feature). They're pretty good, too. You can load up on the pico de gallo salsa inside the store and make a small salad of it combined with the lettuce and cheese that falls out of the tacos! (that's what we always do at work)

Ahhhh, dollar menus, gotta love 'em!

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sigman said:
I bet they're spitting on your burgers! :thinking: :D

Shame on you! (even if you are making me laugh)

Speaking of spitting on food, I'm going to recommend a movie that I found to be absolutely hillarious -- "Waiting..." It's a new one out on DVD.

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ve worked at a pizza hut before
:crackup: that is the special extra that we ll gladly give to troublesome customers :lolsign:
Sigman said:
I bet they're spitting on your burgers! :thinking: :D

Last edited:

dim

Enlightened
I was turned onto that idea some time ago and will, on occasion, take advantage of McD's drive-thru. My usual order of 2 Double Cheese-Burgers, dollar Frys and dollar Coke typically costs more than the $4 dollars posted as I'll, usually, pay the price the following day.....

dim

Arkayne

Enlightened
Man, I just feel funny trying to make a special order burger from mcd's. Burger King I can do, McD's I'm on the edge. I'll have to try it though. Thx for the tip!

TorchMan

Enlightened
I have to agree with AshA4 about not liking the McD commercials.

The ones from BK can be entertaining, but the King is creepy. Like something left over from a Primus video.

Most of the Jack in the Box commercials are pretty funny.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm NOT loving it... ;) (commercials that is)

Interesting idea about the double cheese. I'm not big on veg, and the mac sauce isn't that fantastic, so often I just eat the double cheese as-is. It's interesting to know that the much more affordable double cheese contains as much meat as the Big Mac itself. One more difference - I think the Big Mac comes with two slices of cheese, and the double cheese (contrary to its name) is a double beef, with one slice of cheese. Not like it really matters, just pointing it out.. it's great value either way :)

AshA4

Banned
The king rules!

I asked my old lady if I could find a 6 foot statue of the king could I use it as our mailbox holder...she said no but maybe the quaker oats guy would be cool.:huh:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
GhostReaction said:
I ve worked at a pizza hut before
:crackup: that is the special extra that we ll gladly give to troublesome customers :lolsign:
When I worked at a Kentucky Fried Chicken in 1986, somebody "confused" the marinator with the urinator. :sick2:
You'd only eat urine chicken if you ordered the extra crispy though; not original recipe or barbecue. :)

baltor

Newly Enlightened
My buddy and I have been doing the bigmac-cheeseburger thing for a while. To simplify when ordering, just say "cheeseburger dressed like a bigmac". They'll know what that means. We've never been charged extra for this that I know of.